The Satanic Temple is now designated a tax-exempt church. (1 Viewer)

If the purpose of giving the tax exemption is to encourage goodness then how is worship of satan deserving of tax exemption?

Encouraging goodness definitely isn’t the purpose of the religious tax exemption. It is to maintain separation of church and state.

Religions would be required to constantly prove their goodness if that was the purpose.

All I can say is good for them.

I would hope this might just p off enough to finally get rid of the exception to all of them.

Keep your nose out of the state if you want to be tax free!

Encouraging goodness definitely isn’t the purpose of the religious tax exemption. It is to maintain separation of church and state.

Religions would be required to constantly prove their goodness if that was the purpose.
While not the sole purpose, the benefit to society is certainly one of the fundamental reasons why they get tax exemptions.
It’s not even debatable

While not the sole purpose, the benefit to society is certainly one of the fundamental reasons why they get tax exemptions.
It’s not even debatable

I believe that , in general, religion benefits society, but that has nothing at all to do with why they are tax exempt. The debate doesn’t even make it that far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom