The schedule gets brutal (1 Viewer)

This, all the way. We seem to worry about other teams but forget the Saints are the offensive powerhouse of the NFL. Nobody wants to face Brees and Payton’s offense. This is how I see it, we scare them, not the other way around
I hear you, but we have company in the offensive powerhouse category:
Chiefs: Mahomes, Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Kelce, Watkins
Rams: Goff, Gurley, Cooks, Woods, Kupp
We are in this mix, but the Chiefs and Rams have a ton of weapons.
The Falcons lost some steam with losing Freeman and a banged up Ridley but are still formidable.

To the OP's point, IMO it got brutal starting with the Redskins, even though we dominated. Wins simply will not come easy, for the most part. And ending the season with 2 of 3 against the Panthers sucks from a scheduling standpoint and shouldn't happen. It's feasible we face each other in the first round of the playoffs and have 3 of 4 games against them.

I saw an article recently that stated the Saints have the hardest remaining schedule and the Patriots have the easiest.
Here's some simple math.

Current record of Patriots remaining opponents.
2-5
3-2-1
3-4
3-4
4-2-1
4-3
3-2-1
2-5
3-4

Total of 27-31-3 / .4426

Current record of Saints remaining opponents.

4-2-1
7-0
4-3
3-4
2-4
3-4
3-3
4-2
3-2-1
4-2

37-26-2 / .5692
or if the Falcons beat the Giants tonight...
38-26-2 / .5758

Seems fair.

I truly think yesterday is going to be the toughest game we play this season. The team might lose a game they should have won. They might lose to a team they should have no business losing too. But I can’t imagine a more difficult team to play on the road than the Ravens.

Vikings got crushed by the bills at home against a rookie qb. They are not nearly as good as last year and we are just as good or better than last year. The saints players might not admit it, but this game has been circled since the schedule came out. No way we lose this game; we should be laser focused coming off a huge road win.

True, but it's hard to judge by this one game against the bills. It's our second straight road game, two tough teams, two trips out of town in less than 7 days etc.

Still, I think the Vikings are toughest team we face this far into the schedule. I don't say we cannot win, we obviously can, but it's not going to be easy..

Ok, so I put together some numbers that may or may not be nonsense:

Out of all the teams we played, the Ravens have faced the toughest schedule. Their opponents have an average of 3.14 wins (and 3.14 losses as well) and they have, on average, scored 10.7 more points than their opponents.

Compared to the Ravens, the Vikings opponents have won an average of 2.86 games, and lost 3.85. They have outscored their opponents by 8.29 on average.

The Rams have faced a comparatively light schedule. Their opponents have an average of 2.57 wins and 4 losses. They have outscored their opponents by 15.29 points, on average. Three of the Rams' opponents have won only one game (Raiders, Cardinals, 49ers).

For the Saints? Our opponents have an average of 2.67 winds, and 3.5 losses. We have outscored our opponents by 6.83 points on average.

So, I put together a "toughness" number, which I arrived at by dividing the winning average by the losing average per team, then multiplying that number by the average score differential. I came up with:

Saints: 5.21
Ravens: 10.71
Vikings: 6.13
Rams: 9.83

Looking at this number, beating the Ravens may be the most significant accomplishment this season. The Vikings look (by this number) near parity to the Saints. And, it makes the Rams look beatable, compared to the Ravens.

I was surprised that the Saints number was as small as it was (and is still just a meaningless statistic that I made up), but if we pull out another win then it should go up significantly.
This was the reason I was worried about the Ravens. We hadn't reallybarren teams with stunning records. But that Ravens team was legit. On the road, against the #1 defense, was gritty. It makes me less fearful. This team has what it takes to win.

Dang, while I think we can win at Minny, I’m surprised if we are favored at Minny?

Greg, I expect the Eagles to be playing better ball by the time they get to us, but I do not see them as being as good as they were last year. Perhaps that correlates to Carson needing to knock rust off, idk?

We are a 1.5 point dog

If you divide season into quarters, the Saints won the first quarter 3-1. They can do no worse than 2-2 in the second quarter. That is an excellent half-season.

Why do we have to play the Rams & Vikes, yet the Panthers don't? Seems a bit unfair.

I know why we always seem to play Minny in Minny, but I’m sick of it.
Hopefully we do have revenge on the brain.

Like you Alaina, I’m glad the Rams will be coming to New Orleans and that gives me hope.
Why do we always play Minny in Minny? Seems like the last time they came to New Orleans was the NFC Champion Game in 2009.

If you put this into perspective after all, lots of opposing teams fans legit fear the Saints offense. I'm sure the viqueens and rams fans are nervous about facing a real SB contender.. at least on the offensive side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom