SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dec 18 - 195#.
Jan 29 - 165#.

Is it cheating when you go a month with a undiagnosed broken jaw and then get wired shut tho? Asking for a friend.
You never explained how someone acquires a broken jaw that goes undiagnosed for for a month, but was bad enough to be wired shut.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Congrats. That's a great first attempt.

My first attempt was a 3-day. Never thought I could do it. Since then I've done a 7-day, 8-day and last Friday I completed my best - 11-days. Just water.

It's amazing how long the body can go. I felt pretty good. Mild exercising and walking. Only thing I have to watch is standing up took quickly. Some light-headedness.

Hmmmm....might just carry this farther then. I really have no urge to eat at all

OP
Tapxe
Reaction score
You never explained how someone acquires a broken jaw that goes undiagnosed for for a month, but was bad enough to be wired shut.
Wisdom tooth extraction. Dentist failed to diagnose the break for a month. Kept treating as dry socket with pain meds and steroid shots. Surgeon says it's about as bad as it can get.

Month post surgery and now going to lose a tooth as well because of the infection spreading from the bone to its root. Planning a second surgery to see and do what's necessary. If there's a third, it'll be reconstructive...

No idea when I'll be able to chew again. I'm hoping it'll be this year.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Wisdom tooth extraction. Dentist failed to diagnose the break for a month. Kept treating as dry socket with pain meds and steroid shots. Surgeon says it's about as bad as it can get.

Month post surgery and now going to lose a tooth as well because of the infection spreading from the bone to its root. Planning a second surgery to see and do what's necessary. If there's a third, it'll be reconstructive...

No idea when I'll be able to chew again. I'm hoping it'll be this year.
Damn that sucks

You gonna superchuck up?

OP
Tapxe
Reaction score
Damn that sucks

You gonna superchuck up?
SC500's a bit far, but I have contacted legal counsel and some preliminary record collection had been done as well. It's not as cut and dry as most non legal folks think tho. Just because the dentist is bad doesn't mean he's negligent.

I don't think my surgeon was surprised at all when he got the letter requesting records though.

SWJJ

Stop Resisting!
Reaction score
I dont know the "rules" but I drink only water and black coffee while "fasting."

This date Last year I was close to the lightest I have ever weighed as an adult. I was 186. I lived the fasting lifestyle for 2 years.

For the second year I would do 18 hour fasts M-F as I made fasting part of my day to day work scenario.

And then the pandemic happened. I was at home with the kids and it ruined my fasting diet. I have officially gained 40 pounds since the pandemic started.

I'm starting back on my fasting plan Monday. This is ridiculous.

Eeyore

Ded
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm on day three right now. I'm doing well. I don't have a plan as to when I'll eat but I'll try to keep it away from bedtime, and just one low-carb meal per day when I do. I was originally dreaming big of going until Easter but I think that it's unrealistic to expect. I'm just going to let my body tell me what's I need to do.

Danleco

Travelin' Again
Reaction score
I dont do day long fasts, but I have managed to do 19/5 for the last 2 years. I never eat after lunch, have cut out almost all snacking, and unfortunately, cut out ice cream. When I started doing all this, I lost 20 lbs in 6 months. I started eating ice cream again last year, and gained most of that back. I'm ice cream free for 6 weeks now, and am down 9 lbs.

I've also added a VR boxing routine to my morning regimen daily. No breaks. Its not helping me lose any weight, but its done wonders for upper arms/chest muscle, and my overall energy level. 45 minutes to an hour every day.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So i just found out that ive been intermittently fasting (unwittingly) for like 20 years…. Was reading an article about ways to live longer.. one was to drink more water, which ive always done, just an insane amount of water every day since i was like 15.. another was getting lots of sleep, which i *try* to do, to an obsessive degree- but am not always successful at.. but then i found out about intermittent fasting, which is eating all of your meals within one 8 hr period (?) Sorry if this has been covered already but it’s my first time in this thread.. but i never eat breakfast, usually have lunch between 1130-130pm.. then snack around 330 or 4pm… then dinner at 8 or 830pm…. So sometimes all my daily meals are eaten in about a 7 hr period, other times about a 9 hour period…. i had NO IDEA i was actually doing something healthy lol

058A50CC-558F-4638-B431-16C8F2B7B0A1.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

•  

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom