The Science of Fasting (5 Viewers)

I put a table spoon of ACV in a coffee mug with a dash of salt then about 1 oz of water and just gulp it down. Fast and easy. I try to pour it down the back of my throat so the ACV doesn't go over my teeth.
This is the only way I can do it. But I also use a straw to bypass the teeth.

Last edited:
A squirt of lemon juice helps with the ACV water

I don't recommend. I was thinking with that much water I'd barely taste it. This was incorrect.
I'd say thanks but, TBH, it had never occurred to me to try it. lol

Can you imagine how fast we could alleviate world hunger and the need for over production if even only 20% of the world's population fasted like many of us in this thread do. Not to mention the immeasurable health benefits and reduction in costs of healthcare.

Just made 4 days. Had a rough hour or so while watching the LSU game where I wanted to eat the TV whenever a food commercial came on but it passed.

Think this will be my last long fast for awhile so I think I am going to set my goal at 10p days. That was my goal on my first one at the beginning of December but a mistake I made on the 5th day coupled with a bad night rescuing someone who was having a breakdown forced me to stop

However if I make 7 days I will be satisfied, I think

I just went to Oak Point and they had large Black Angus porterhouse steaks for $8.99 a pound :mecry:

I bought some but I am going to have to put them in the freezer

My new go to favorite meal is ground round with liver meat minced up and mixed in for more nutrients. Then I add in 3 eggs when the meat is nearly done. Also roasted squash that is sliced up and roasted on a roasting sheet in the oven at 405. Just serve of the meat and eggs in a bowls and lay lots of squash over the top. Don't judge me, but I also have recently loved drizzling local honey over it all.

I just went to Oak Point and they had large Black Angus porterhouse steaks for $8.99 a pound :mecry:

I bought some but I am going to have to put them in the freezer
I don't know what Oak Point is but I think I'm in love with whatever it is. Man, I love me a good porterhouse.

I don't know what Oak Point is but I think I'm in love with whatever it is. Man, I love me a good porterhouse.
It's a grocery store in the Baton Rouge region

I was shocked at that price for Black Angus

I know what I am eating after I get thru with this fast

My new go to favorite meal is ground round with liver meat minced up and mixed in for more nutrients. Then I add in 3 eggs when the meat is nearly done. Also roasted squash that is sliced up and roasted on a roasting sheet in the oven at 405. Just serve of the meat and eggs in a bowls and lay lots of squash over the top. Don't judge me, but I also have recently loved drizzling local honey over it all.
My personal favorite is the brisket-deer meat bacon cheeseburger mix I just got from a local butcher. We usually get his ground baconburger and his regular ground and mix that and that's also game changing. You can eat whatever you want, but I can't change my meat from low carb to HIGH carb. Honey is good on everything I'm sure.

Sounds interesting...might give it a try

I had a sandwich today with bread and everything. Been anything but a good fast week for me. I am going to try one 24-hour one, then a good keto day, and then keep alternating with the 24 to train myself since I have such an issue with a full 24. I don't know what else to do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom