The Science of Fasting (3 Viewers)

Okay, I just successfully made kefir. Now I'm finally gonna use the yogurt button on my instant pot to make L Reuteri
"yogurt. This is William Davis, M.D., the "Wheat Belly" cardiologist. He claims L. Reuteri releases oxytocin.

So now I am torn. I made a goal to go at least 7 days but a large part of the reason for that goal doesn't seem to exist anymore. I am about 8 hours from completing 6 days

Part of me says fork it and get some berries and soup while another part of me wants to complete the goal just for the sake of completing it

The logical part of me says to stop (especially with taking 90mg of oxycodone and 250mg of tramadol every day) but the part of me that has had to sit by and watch life fork me in the arse over the last few years says to do it...damn the torpedoes full speed ahead
You can do it! I'm trying for a 7 day. I'm 36 hours in at this point and feel good.

I had a sandwich today with bread and everything. Been anything but a good fast week for me. I am going to try one 24-hour one, then a good keto day, and then keep alternating with the 24 to train myself since I have such an issue with a full 24. I don't know what else to do.

Have you ever tried the Wasa Crispbread? I eat that now in the AM, instead of regular bread, and getting kind of addicted to it. Usually eat with some smoked salmon, cheese or some turkey!

Have you ever tried the Wasa Crispbread? I eat that now in the AM, instead of regular bread, and getting kind of addicted to it. Usually eat with some smoked salmon, cheese or some turkey!
I think I've had at ages ago. I don't remember it fondly though.

Okay, I'm a half an hour away from a solid 25 hours. I did it but it still wasn't easy and I don't have a desire now to even extend just another 12 and go to 36. I honestly think I'm just not cut out for a full 48 hours.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm a half an hour away from a solid 25 hours. I did it but it still wasn't easy and I don't have a desire now to even extend just another 12 and go to 36. I honestly think I'm just not cut out for a full 48 hours.
You did great

You can make it through to tomorrow and break your fast with a couple of eggs and some bone broth if you have it. Then have yourself a decent lunch a couple hours later.

The doctor on the left is really upset people are finding ways of getting healthy that don't involve taking drugs and just involve eating a proper human diet.

The doctor on the left is really upset people are finding ways of getting healthy that don't involve taking drugs and just involve eating a proper human diet.
I love how he has to pose with his stethoscope in front of his degrees so that we know ... HE'S A DOCTOR. But what the heck is a "holistic cardiologist"? I heard him saying words and hand up a piece of paper and reference "animal and human models" with no citation but I didn't really hear an argument. I'm sure he's helped his patients but so has Dr. Fung. Eh, I never get anything of value from these doctor talk shows.

Last edited:
I ended my fast last night after 72 hours. I feel good, ate a reasonable portion (always been a problem for me) and have started a new fast where I hope to reach 7 days. I found out that I have been sabotaging myself and possibly preventing autophagy. I was drinking a bang drink some mornings, while it has zero carbs and sugars so I stay in ketosis, the BCAAs that I was drinking it for may have been preventing me from going into autophagy, so this time around no Bangs.

I'm a week now into carnivore. I had been keto for the last couple months but now solidly on carnivore and trimming more weight. I actually went back to 2 meals a day(one at 11-12, the other around 4-5). I IF on a 18-6 window and it seems to be best for me. Even stopped cooking with olive oil and switched to ghee and tallow. Talked with my doctor and we are going to be doing blood work in another 5-6 months to see what changes from my last one done in Nov.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom