The Sean Payton Legacy (1 Viewer)

SP brought the formula here. He established the culture. If we succeed he still gets some credit for it. Where would we be without him?

Even if he does terrible in Denver. You can’t take away what he did for the franchise.

Other folks should get credit too though.

I’ll always appreciate what he did, but he has to be looking at the NFC south and NFC as a whole and saying “d@mn” 😂 Now he has to deal with Patty twice a year and coach Russell Wilson who’s wife is wearing thongs to the award shows and stressing his Christian spirit. I don’t see him getting a ring over there. Honestly don’t see them getting to the AFC ship. It’s just too stacked over there.
Hmm "Ciara thong"...read nothing after that then immediatly ran to Google expeditiously.

Thank you sir

SP brought the formula here. He established the culture. If we succeed he still gets some credit for it. Where would we be without him?

Even if he does terrible in Denver. You can’t take away what he did for the franchise.

Other folks should get credit too though.
There is something about a coach coming to a franchise and upping the standards of a franchise.
If Payton never came here, I guarantee you a 7-10 season with a close shot at the place would be considered a success.

If this team is good enough to win a championship, regardless of the current butt hurt nobody is going to think about Sean Payton at all.

Do you know who our coach is now? Signing Carr is a nice addition but put whatever substance you're dealing with down.

Strangely, if Carr ends up winning a championship with the Saints, I think that bolsters his HOF chances because he would be standing next to Brees, who is believed to be a first ballot HOFer.
He would probably have a shot. They have lowered the bar for the HoF the last couple years

If Carr comes in and plays top 10 or better, the saints win a couple of NFC South titles and we even get a Super Bowl in the next 5/7 years what does that do to SP’s legacy.

What I mean is that he came here and we became a contender for a long time. He left the team in a mess which some of us thought needed to be rebuilt. This offseason Loomis does his Loomis and we are reloading with a lot of young talent and veteran mix for the future.

If we are successful is Loomis and company the real geniuses?
IF that happens then yes, I will be happy to attribute the success to Loomis. But he has to beat the legend of Brees and Payton which is no easy task. Coach/QB combos like that only come along once in a blue moon.

If Carr comes in and plays top 10 or better, the saints win a couple of NFC South titles and we even get a Super Bowl in the next 5/7 years what does that do to SP’s legacy.

What I mean is that he came here and we became a contender for a long time. He left the team in a mess which some of us thought needed to be rebuilt. This offseason Loomis does his Loomis and we are reloading with a lot of young talent and veteran mix for the future.

If we are successful is Loomis and company the real geniuses?
Will be an interesting conversation if it happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom