The Season Isn’t Over (1 Viewer)

Okay, let’s quit telling people to go away. People handle losses differently. Some people panic at the first sign of trouble, others keep their cool.

Argue their points, but don’t tell them how to be fans.

Patriots have won three Super Bowls when they weren’t the 1-seed.

We’ve never even made one without it.
Well shoot now would be a good time to start huh?

(and that’s assuming we aren’t the #1 seed. There’s a lot of football to be played)

I think a lot of fans on here needed a wake call. Most of the threads before today just assumed this would be a cake walk. All divisional games are a risk but people look at the record and forget that.

Wow. Chicken Littles here should do something else on Sunday, b/c there are no guarantees.

Watcha gonna do...call Airline Highway and complain?!

:smilielol::elefant::freak7:

I don’t think the 49ers win out, but I don’t think we do, either. This was the first of four straight divisional games. You really think we win the next three after today? Plus we have to face Indy, Tennessee on the road (who just beat KC) and finish at Carolina.

Honestly I don’t think we’ll win out. I foresee us finishing 13-3, maybe 12-4. It might be the homer in me, but I’ve seen enough of this team to think that coach spent a little more time planning for his engagement then he did the falcons. He will have the team locked in during the coming weeks.

Don’t forget, we lost our top corner and one of our staring lineman this game. As much as we all hate on Peat, he’s a pro bowler. It wouldn’t of mattered if we had Antonio brown and Aj Green playing along with Thomas, Brees had absolutely no time to throw today and it was much worse when Peat went out. Hopefully the injuries aren’t long term, but that’s another conversation.

Regardless, I think between playing the refs, the falcons for their super bowl (coach getting fired if he loses, spoiling our season) and losing two key starters, this game isn’t an indication of who this team is. We beat Seattle in their house, the cowboys in prime time and other GOOD teams with our backup QB. Our defense is better than this. Our offense is better than this, and our coach is better than this.

We lost a division game against our toughest rival regardless of the record and they simply wanted it more and made it a statement game. I will continue to believe that we are a better team than what we saw today and unless we start losing week to week this was just an anomaly.

7-2 and people think the season is over?

The only thing that came out of this lose is the SR.com board will be more active this week with people's "solutions" to fixing the problem or their negative "he needs to be replaced" threads.

well, no team ever even made it the the SB after losing their last three games either, right?

Sure. First time for everything.

But, playing the odds, wouldn’t you agree we have a much better chance of making it with HFA?

Honestly I don’t think we’ll win out. I foresee us finishing 13-3, maybe 12-4. It might be the homer in me, but I’ve seen enough of this team to think that coach spent a little more time planning for his engagement then he did the falcons. He will have the team locked in during the coming weeks.

Don’t forget, we lost our top corner and one of our staring lineman this game. As much as we all hate on Peat, he’s a pro bowler. It wouldn’t of mattered if we had Antonio brown and Aj Green playing along with Thomas, Brees had absolutely no time to throw today and it was much worse when Peat went out. Hopefully the injuries aren’t long term, but that’s another conversation.

Regardless, I think between playing the refs, the falcons for their super bowl (coach getting fired if he loses, spoiling our season) and losing two key starters, this game isn’t an indication of who this team is. We beat Seattle in their house, the cowboys in prime time and other GOOD teams with our backup QB. Our defense is better than this. Our offense is better than this, and our coach is better than this.

I agree with everything you said with the exception of one thing. The idea that Payton was doing party planning is just silly. The man is a millionaire. He can afford to hire party planners for the engagement party.

Sure. First time for everything.

But, playing the odds, wouldn’t you agree we have a much better chance of making it with HFA?

I‘m really not sure what the odds are, tbh. Yeah, I think every team benefits from HFA, but I do not think this team needs it. JMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom