The Season Isn’t Over (1 Viewer)

For me it's not that the Saints lost, it's how they lost. And also the injuries, especially Lattimore

I'd like to believe this season isn't over...

but I don't want to hear this team and Superbowl in the same sentence after that performance.

Well you can't always get what you want because I still think we can win the Super Bowl this year. One game shouldn't derail that thought.

You know who plays games like it’s the Super Bowl? Super Bowl teams.

If the Saints cannot beat a 1-7 team that goes tryhard, they aren’t beating a playoff team that goes tryhard either.

The 13-1 Saints lost to the 2-12 Bucs the year we won the Super Bowl. Granted these two games were different from each other but I stand by the comparison.

After we win the superbowl I would like to come back to this thread and say "remember when we got trashed this game?..how many care now?" Lol

It’s not just about the loss, it’s about how once again we proved we are an average team when MT is marked out the game. This was the worry, but just like last seasons it’s true. If Atlanta can do it, you bet others can. We ain’t even sniffing a Lombardi with our current receiving unit. Bring in Dez, I don’t care. He’s surely not any worse than what we have.
Thomas had over 125 yards. Cook showed up. Ginn dropped two and Smith dropped one. The OLine and the failure to commit to the run game led to the loss.

Will you feel the same way if SF loses to Seattle Monday night?

Divisional games are weird, I fully believe we’ll take them in Atlanta off the back of this. We’ll refocus and be up for the rest of the season. Hopefully Peat and Lattimore are okay.

This was my feeling before the game even started. I had a weird feeling that Saints would probably lay an egg and that we will return the favor in Atlanta a few weeks from now. And I still have that feeling. So there's that. The only thing I didn't see coming was how poorly the Saints played.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom