The SHAWN CRABLE bandwagon (1 Viewer)

canuckredux

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Ok, folks, Lance Briggs is officially off the market and we still have a glaring weakness on the weak side. We need to fill that spot with a difference-maker. I've been going over the potential prospects and Jerod Mayo comes to mind: He has experience playing on the outside before taking over the middle this past season, and posted 83 tackles, 12.5 TFL and 5 sacks. Plus, if Vilma's knee injury were to come back, he could slide in at the middle. I guess my issue with that is that he may not be the top guy to play at the immediate position of concern. Beau Bell and Phillip Wheeler would also garner similar considerations, but for my money, the most disruptive force on the outside is Shawn Crable from Michigan.

6-5, 245 lbs, 4.64 40. I've posted about him before and I think that this is the guy to really take our front 7 to the next level. Last season he posted 90 tackles, 7.5 sacks and a whopping 28.5 TFL. People are saying that he might fit best in a 3-4, but I think this guy could be for us what Julian Peterson is to Seattle: A pass-rushing nightmare who gets into the backfield and makes plays. He may not be the best in coverage, but he is just so good in run support and pass-rushing that, if utilized correctly, could be such a force in this league, be it with his hand up or down. We could put him in as a situational pass-rusher, too, but I like the idea of having him on the outside, knocking people around on every play.

With that in mind, I would like to invite all of you on to the SHAWN CRABLE BANDWAGON! Lots of room; hop on! Let's hope we get this man beast in the draft.

crable.jpg

shawncrablesept1

I won't be surprised if we roll with Shanle again next year.

I been on that bandwagon for a long time. He is a freak and was their most consistent defender last year.

I don't know much about him, but he is WAY WAY WAY better than Briggs and could be there at our 3rd round pick.

Please make this thread 99999999 pages long I don't want us to draft Rivers when this guy could be just as good.

this is a nice picture

Crable.jpg

is that guy ok? I think Crable killed him. We need this guy.

Last edited:
We'll take a guard in the first round, trade out of the 2nd, for 2 3rds, and take a TE and S from BYU

De is what he will play at the next level, situational pass rusher, or olb in a 3-4, he will get drafted higher by 3-4 teams that can use him every down.

I don't know much about him, but he is WAY WAY WAY better than Briggs and could be there at our 3rd round pick.

Please make this thread 99999999 pages long I don't want us to draft Rivers when this guy could be just as good.

this is a nice picture

Crable.jpg

is that guy ok? I think Crable killed him. We need this guy.

I LOVE THAT PIC!!!!

De is what he will play at the next level, situational pass rusher, or olb in a 3-4, he will get drafted higher by 3-4 teams that can use him every down.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=10055

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]
Some people have you listed as a linebacker and others see you as a defensive end: “I think that’s a bonus for me, I can play both positions. I’m kind of excited about it. I thought I’d be doing linebacker drills when I got here but I’ve got to go with the stuff they give me (he pointed to the fact his shirt read DL 10). I’ve got two different T-shirts, one read Linebacker and the other read Defensive end. I think it’s going to be a good challenge.’’ Do you have a preference of what you’d like to play? “I really don’t. I think I’m pretty good at both positions and I think the team that drafts me will let me know what they want me to do and then I’ll focus on just one of them.’’ You got hurt during practice for the Senior Bowl (back spasm). How disappointing was that? “I was a little bit upset about it. I was doing some drills and everything was fine and I turned to run, playing one-on-one, and my back spasmed up on me. It was until about Saturday afternoon and I was back running. I was a little disappointed with that.’’ - NFL Combine Transcript

[/SIZE][/FONT]

That may be the case, but I fully believe that he could play OLB in a 4-3.

He played SLB at college according to his draft profile on nfldraftscout.com
and if he can pass rush as well then we can put him next to grant on passing downs and see what happens.

Smith,DT,DT,Grant,Crable

that would be scary on 3rd and long.

Been on the wagon a long time. Read he needs to work on his lower body strength because he was getting pushed around at the senior bowl.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=10055

02/07/08 - 02/07/08 - Draft Scout Fallers: Michigan outside linebacker Shawn Crable suffered a similar fate at the Senior Bowl as Bell. Crable, who finished second in the nation and set the school record with 28.5 tackles for loss as a senior, was exposed in Mobile as a one-dimensional pass rush threat. Crable can rush the passer, but struggles changing direction in coverage and has a weak lower body that allows blockers to move him easily. Crable, who suffered a back strain during the week of practice, was unable to play in the game.

The Saints won't draft any of the players we want them to draft.

I just tell myself that to prevent being upset come late April.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom