The Sheldon Rankins Effect: Saints Rookie Film Study (1 Viewer)

mrwhodat

Saintiac
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good stuff here. Talks about the techniques and rush looks Dennis Allen has.

The Sheldon Rankins Effect: Saints Rookie Film Study

Surprisingly, after only five games of play, Rankins is tied for the NFL Rookie lead in sacks for DTs. The Cowboys’ Maliek Collins has three as well, but has played twelve games. This level of success is certainly appreciated, but if any of you are like me you wonder “how is he doing it?” Here are a couple of Rankins’ better plays from the past few games that show not only his ability, but his versatility as a D-Lineman.

Man this dude is talented, great pick!

We've got to get better in the secondary, if we had better corners and or safeties those ducks that Stafford was throwing when we sent the house would have been easy picks.

Great read. You dont get to see the intricacies in his technique during live game action. I love the way this article breaks it down frame by frame. Following it up with a live action video.

The Saints are 1 piece away from having a good defensive line. We just need an RDE that can consistently threaten the passer.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the article. If you have any questions, or would like to see more of the same (including from different players), just let me know.

He'll only get better.

His Bullrush/Hump move is powerful. He'll get better the quicker he gets and the more he has a chance to practice his move set which also consist of a spin move/hand fighting that he needs to hone.

Also like his versatility. the fact that his ability to rush/dent a pocket against LT's translated to the NFL says a lot. He'll be a monster year 2.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the article. If you have any questions, or would like to see more of the same (including from different players), just let me know.

I was wondering where you been. You use to be a regular on Nola.com fan page. Glad to see you again. Great article by the way.

I was wondering where you been. You use to be a regular on Nola.com fan page. Glad to see you again. Great article by the way.

Thank you for the compliment on the article. Glad you enjoyed it! A lot of it ended up being a time thing (me no longer appearing on NOLA). I still do a podcast, and write occasionally, but I've gotten married, am expecting my first child, work two jobs (on staff at a church and work as a computer/printer tech) and I just had to start cutting back on some things.

I still lurk a lot of places, just don't comment a ton anymore. Only place I'm still pretty active is Twitter.

Thank you for the compliment on the article. Glad you enjoyed it! A lot of it ended up being a time thing (me no longer appearing on NOLA). I still do a podcast, and write occasionally, but I've gotten married, am expecting my first child, work two jobs (on staff at a church and work as a computer/printer tech) and I just had to start cutting back on some things.

I still lurk a lot of places, just don't comment a ton anymore. Only place I'm still pretty active is Twitter.
How does one follow you on twitter?

Man this dude is talented, great pick!

We've got to get better in the secondary, if we had better corners and or safeties those ducks that Stafford was throwing when we sent the house would have been easy picks.

Most of the throws I saw Stafford make looked like lasers. Agree that on those all-out blitzes his passes looked much weaker...but that might be because the receivers he was throwing too were so wide open.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom