The sickest I've ever been... (1 Viewer)

Food Poisioning ( salmonella confirmed ) - By the time my wife took me to the hospital and I got in triage my blood pressure was 85/30- they thought I was having a heart attack- I remember being whisked into ER room where they were "warming up and lubricating " the paddles....it was insane. I took 3 bags of fluids ( dehydration ) - had food coming out both ends simoultanously. Took me over a week to regain strength and feel 100%

2nd worst was day after Mardi Gras 2000- thought it was a hangover that morning. By afternoon it was the flu ( and I joked back then that it had to be bird or swine flu because i had never felt so bad ) I had no health insurance and my chest felt like I had razorblades in my lungs. Took about 4 days to recover.

One night in Pensacola when i was 16, i drank a 5th of Jack D straight and then starting shooting Parrot Bay Coconut Rum (no lie).. Dont know how many shots.. I was told at least 13.. I couldnt move the next day and couldnt even keep water down.. Threw up everything i put it my mouth.. The second day, i could sip water a little just to somewhat rehydrate but threw up Gatorade when i tried to drink it.. Still didnt get out of bed.. The third day, i finally was able to get down some chicken noodle soup, saltine crackers and drank a little Gatorade.. It was a 3-4 day hangover from hell.. I think i had alcohol poisoning but never went to the doctor so im not sure.

Kidney stones about three years ago. It took weeks for the stones to make the trip from the kidneys to the bladder. Every time that they moved I felt like I was being stabbed. They sat in my bladder for several days and I passed them at work.

I don't remember how much sleep that I got but I wouldn't doubt that it was less than an hour per day. I tried tylenol PM only to find that it only made me delirious but could not help me sleep.

Ate a bad turkey roll once. Thought I was going to die. probably should have been hospitalized. Was spewing from both ends like Old Faithful...

Not a very pleasant experience.
Same here, food poisoning. I was sitting on the toilet with a garbage can between my knees and blowing it out both ends. My roommate heard me and asked if he could help. I asked for Pepto, but before he got back, I finished and staggered off to bed where I laid like a whipped dog from 7pm to 8am. Felt fine in the morning.

It was funny, one of the secretaries at work had said that day "You're pale as a sheet, go home!!" I had laid down for a couple hours as the waves of nausea rolled in before I finally heaved. Pure misery, I remember wishing several times I would die and be released. I rallied, however :)

OP, I hope you feel better soon!!

Not counting 6 month of chemo 15 years ago ...:covri:

A few years back I got the flu bad. 103 fever, couldn't keep anything down, muscle aches, I was coughing so much that my stomach muscles felt like a 10 wheeler had roled over them. After 2 weeks I finally convinced a doctor that this was more than a flu and got antibiotics. 24 hours later my temperature dropped, but it took almost 2 months before my lungs were back to normal and I could run again.

I got a virus when I was about 13 or 14 I had such a high fever I had halluscinations(sp?) of 2 men in suits who came in to the house at 6am & told me if I didn't give them a million £'s they were taking our house. I woke my parents up freaking out, obviously there was noone there.

I think I ate a bag of Doritos the whole week & everytime I tried to watch TV my head felt like it was melting(I'm never too sick for TV, this is the only time it's happened). I spent the whole week in bed listening to Aerosmith's Get A Grip on shuffle & repeat because I was to weak to get up & change it.

If you throw out surgeries I would have to say Xmas about 5 years back. I had the flu and was almost out of my mind. I was so tired but felt so bad I could never fall asleep -- I would wander from the bedroom to the bathroom to the TV room etc. Thought I was dying for sure

Freshman year at MSU in Spring of 96...went down to Jackson, MS to help my brother move from and apartment to a house. Me my two brothers and my sister-in-law went to Macaroni Grill. About an hour after getting back to my dorm room i threw-up. When I got back to my room my brother called me to ask if I was sick. I told him I just threw up and then he told me they were all at the ER for food poisoning. I spent the next several hours shooting from both ends. Every time I went to the bathroom it came out of both ends. My final count was 24 times to the bathroom.

Finally at about 2 in the morning my roommate brought me to the ER totally dehydrated and almost no blood pressure.....was in the hospital for a week...almost died. Was called by the MS Health Board because apparently 17 people were in the Jackson ER and they all ate at the Macaroni Grill....will never eat at another one.

the other times were the two bouts of cancer and treatment I went through but I think I actually felt worse during the food poisoning...I wanted to die then, LOL not during radiation or chemo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom