The sickest I've ever been... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Seriously guys, I've never been this sick before. Fever and I'm living in the bathroom. So, I guess I wanna know -- What's the sickest you've ever been? It'll help me feel better to swap war stories.

In February of 08, I caught the flu and ran fever of 101 for 9 days straight. I lost 10 lbs from not eating. It took me over 2 weeks to feel completely better. I thought I would never get better.

Does this include the day the Saints loss in the nfc championship game?

I had been on the floor of the bathroom for three solid days, curled up in a fetal position, really bad stomach flu. I had tickets to a Who concert at the Ms Coast Coliseum. I called my friend the night before the concert and told him I was too sick to go. Then the morning of the day of the concert, it was like flipping a switch, I suddenly felt better, I got off the floor took a quick shower, called my friend and said, Let's Go!!. One of the best concerts I've ever been to, Townsend, Daltrey and Entwistle ROCK!!!

Ate a bad turkey roll once. Thought I was going to die. probably should have been hospitalized. Was spewing from both ends like Old Faithful...

Not a very pleasant experience.

Hope you feel better man. I caught some kind of weird, hellacious stomach virus around March this year. I literally sat on the toilet with the squirts while leaning over and puking in the sink on multiple occassions. I puked and crapped for about 15 hours (just running back and forth to bed/bathroom). I barely got sleep.

The worse I ever felt was in late 1977 when I had that year's variant of the swine flu. My wife, who was pregnant at the time, laughed at me because of my whining . . . until she caught it. She didn't laugh at me then.

I know that it I had been old, it would have killed me.

They say that if a woman has a high fever during the fetus development stage of pregnancy, the child will have a problem with their teeth. My daughter, to this day, still has dental problems. My oldest, who did not experience her mother having a high fever, has perfect teeth. May be coincidental, who knows.

Kidney stones when I was 20yrs old. I don't wish this on my worst enemy.

Mine was a horrible gastrointestinal virus back around fall of 1992. Really high fever, weakness, diarrhea, vomiting. One of the few times in my life I've gone to the hospital. I was laid up for several days, eating nothing and drinking Gatorade. Had to miss a planned road-trip to Pensacola to see my good friend's band opening up for the Balck Crowes... I lost well over 10 lbs., and it took me a while to get it back.

Hmmm... a few choices:

1) severe food poisoning. 103 fever, muscle aches, pretty much spent 80% of the day in the bathroom. Had to work from home because the project I was working on needed to get done, so I actually just left my laptop plugged in in the bathroom.

2) severe tonsillitis. Huge puss bubbles on my tonsils, felt like I was swallowing glass *every time* I swallowed, so I drank a total of 4 glasses of water over 3 days... the next 3 days my diet was 2 glasses of water and a chocolate pudding snack pack each day... So yeah. A whole week where all I had was 10 glasses of water and 3 snack packs. And I had to go to work during all this since I was hourly and needed the money.

double pneumonia when I was 20yrs old .... or bacterial infection from the canoe trip in the pine barrons in 2006 ... both time I figured I was going to die....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom