The sit or play debate. (1 Viewer)

bones

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The talking heads on ESPN talking about sit or play starters. One thing they keep forgetting is right now the SAINTS do not have the luxury of that as we have the vikes on our tail. In my opinion I would play them atleast in spot duty, rest them some but, I would want them to stay in game condition mentally and physically. As for injuries people get hurt falling in the shower. If it is going to happen it is going to happen. Plus many of the starters are resting (injured) now so these guys need to get back and play. Just my thoughts which that and a buck 40 gets me a Mt. Dew. How bout yours.

Payton has already said that he would not rest starters. My opinion is that you should play them and keep them sharp.

Can't remember their names - but a definate smackdown moment.

Tom Jackson (i think) - I don't care about perfection, all I care about is winning the last game.

Keyshawn - You don't care about perfection? Then, why did you play the game?

Ouch!

If the Seeding is locked by the Final game I'm not against treating it as a 3rd preson game where starters play at least a half, If they are 15-0 though I hope they keep them in until the game is well in hand, If the Kitties are making a come back the staqrters can always go back in.

The talking heads on ESPN talking about sit or play starters. One thing they keep forgetting is right now the SAINTS do not have the luxury of that as we have the vikes on our tail. In my opinion I would play them atleast in spot duty, rest them some but, I would want them to stay in game condition mentally and physically. As for injuries people get hurt falling in the shower. If it is going to happen it is going to happen. Plus many of the starters are resting (injured) now so these guys need to get back and play. Just my thoughts which that and a buck 40 gets me a Mt. Dew. How bout yours.
Wow, am I gettin' hosed. Here in upstate ny, a bottle of Dew goes for $1.77. And I'm payin' almost $3 for a gallon of fuel oil. It'll probably run me $1000 to $1500 to heat my place this winter. Living in the gulf coast, you guys are closer to the best team in football, ya got less need for heating oil, (being that refineries are nearby, I don't doubt it's cheaper/gal), and it's bikini weather there far more often than it is here. I mean, okay, you guys had katrina. The following year, we got flooded by the spring thaw and again in June of the same year. All in all, I'd rather be poor where you are, than poor where I am. Oh, yeah, and the talking heads don't know anything other than what's on their teleprompter. The only one who seems to have a clue what's going on is Steve Young, and I'm still harboring ill feelings toward him. Respect the heck out of the guy, but harboring those feelings all the same.

\rant

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom