The sky has not yet fallen folks... (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We can learn from this loss... well actually we can't... because we know the reasons why we lost. here I'll run them down for you...

- You cannot turn the ball over... PERIOD... whether its on our side of the 50, or in the opponent's red zone... you gotta take care of the ball.

- You CANNOT allow over 200 yards rushing... even if 75% of his yards came on 2 plays... you have to defend better than that.

- You have to take advantage of your opportunities... Copper made a GREAT catch for the first TD, but dropped the crucial pass late in the game that would have given us a shot.

- Our secondary needs help. I don't know if they can be saved this season, but the CBs and safeties both got torched today.

- We must put pressure on the opposing QB. When we blited ben we got results... if you let any QB (no matter who) sit in the pocket and survey the field a WR will get open.

- Our defense as a whole prevents us from being a contender for the NFC crown. We will need to play in shootouts if we are to get to and win in the postseason. 31 points should be enough to win the game (even with the TOs... hold them to FGs).

- I still say Simineau is a nickel backer.. I would rather see Danny Clark start at MLB.

There are more reasons, but those are my obvious ones. We're still at least a game up in the division, and as much as this loss hurts... it doesn't hurt so bad because it was an AFC opponent, but it would have been nice to go up 2 games in the division.

The sky has not yet fallen gentlemen (and ladies)... keep the faith. We have Cincy next week... I'm already worried about our secondary against carson and Ocho...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom