the sky is falling .. the sky is falling (1 Viewer)

brungart

nittany saint
Reaction score
well it might as well be with the way we are playing. Yes, yes I know it's preseason but boy we don't look like we are doing anything right. I know it's bad when I agree with Gumbell when he said we don't have a corner tonight playing at NFL level.

We're playing exactly the way we should be expected to play given what we know about preseason performance under Sean Payton.

we look like garbage every preseason. sometimes we continue that into the regular season, sometimes we don't, but it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference how we played in the preseason.

2006 preseason
New Orleans 19, Tennessee 16
Dallas 30, New Orleans 7
Indianapolis 27, New Orleans 14
Kansas City 10, New Orleans 9

I ain't worried.

B000BBOVEY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The only thing I'm worried about is our secondary. Pittsburg came out tonight to win, ringing in the new regime. The sheer number of blitzes and PA speak volumes to that. I can't remember the last time I saw so many go routes called and thrown in the first half of a preseason game.

But, we look horrible in the secondary. David, McKensie, and Thomas looked horrible. We have a lot of work to put in in the defensive backfield. They looked foolish today, preseason or not.

Why would we want to lay all our cards on the table in the first preseason game? I'd rather lull them into thinking we stink, and then tear 'em up in regular season. I know....it hurts...specially the little smirk on Roffie's face. But it ain't over until the fat lady sings....in January.

Vanilla defense.. vanilla offense... this is how it all starts..
This is how talent is evaluated. I'm not worried. It's early.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom