Marcus Davenport Starter DE
David Onyemata starter DT
Marshon Lattimore Starter CB
Erik McCoy starter Center
Cj Gardner-Johnson starter CB
Chase Hasen LB
P.J Williams CB
Tanoh Knpassagnon DE
6 (MT, Smith, Kwon, Onyemata, Lattimore, McCoy)

The rest are key rotation guys.

I hate playing the Panthers. Why do we have to?
Idk why but I lost some of my loathing of them when Cam left. Guess I’m just really anti Cam and not anti Panther. I’m an oddball tho as I’ve never even hated the Falcons. At all.

I don't know ..... its a long season, injuries will happen. This won't be the only game with a large injury report, and many teams have them throughout the season.

This exposed issues with our depth as well as Jameis falling apart when things got rough (and they did get rough, absolutely NO help from the O-Line, so it's not all on him).

If we look competitive and lose 24-22 on a last second FG, I think it would be fair to say that the injuries, penalties, and COVID made a difference. But this was a slaughter. The Saints have to get better when things don't go right....because it won't be the last time this season things don't go right.

We were down 6 starters today (and good starters at that). The idea that we would play well while facing those facts is a joke.
I don't post much post-game after losses, but this really is the case. No Davenport, no Kwon, no MT, the OL was completely MIA today. Missing coaches, players and other issues were apparent today. It's going to be a season of parity and will be a fine line between winning and losing.

With Brees gone, the good news is that Saints’ football doesn’t consume my life like it did. I still love the team, but to be honest, I don’t get as irritated as I used to get when the Saints aren’t performing well.

I noticed it first when I didn’t pay as attention to the off-season in terms of knowing the players we drafted or signed in FA aside from Adebo and Turner

With Brees gone, the good news is that Saints’ football doesn’t consume my life like it did. I still love the team, but to be honest, I don’t get as irritated as I used to get when the Saints aren’t performing well.

I noticed it first when I didn’t pay as attention to the off-season in terms of knowing the players we drafted or signed in FA aside from Adebo and Turner
That way for me after the super bowl win. Never thought I’d live to see us lift the Lombardi, so once we did it’s all gravy to me now. NFCCG cheating hurt, won’t lie, but other than that none of it gets to me anymore. I also don’t watch any game that doesn’t involve the Saints, prolly for the last ten years or so. Zero interest outside of my team.

Don’t lost sight of the fact that:
We are missing players
We are missing coaches
Players are still getting familiar with each other
Andrus Peat is still wearing black and gold

We are still fine, it was just one game.

Agree with this take. I do worry about Winston's inability to generate passing yards, but otherwise we're fine. And without our top two WRs, Winston's poor production is understandable.

The sky may not be falling, but for some strange reason, I’m sure as hell taller in height than I was last week

I don’t get how this college mindset of only one loss per season got into this fanbase

I’ll tell ya. When we won the Super Bowl, bandwagoners flocked by the thousands. Now, when we don’t win every week, it’s because every player we have is terrible. And they knew it. And they tried to tell us. We just didn’t listen

Last week the Packers looked much worse than they really are and the Saints looked much better than they really are.

This week the Saints looked worse than they really are, so don’t read too much in this loss.

The Saints true identity is somewhere between today’s performance and last week’s performance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom