The sky isn’t falling (1 Viewer)

I'm referring to the fact that you couldn't wait 10 seconds to start multiple threads sheetting on Jameis after 1 game. :9:

It's been you M.O. all off season/season.
And also made it clear that it wasn’t only his fault, that Hill wouldn’t be any better, and that Drew will never be replaced. With that said This is Winstons MO, great one game and bad the next. Inconsistency is why he isn’t in Tampa. He needs to string some good games together. I talked him up last week. But he can also be called out.

People don't understand. I said in GD thread that it's unfair to judge Taysom after his 4 career starts to say he's not a QB. Bull!

To Winston, he may know the playbook but it's still a new offense he's running. It's going to take time! It's 2006 all over again. Things started to kinda click in that season by week 8.

We're spoiled by the 15 years of Brees. Need to give Winston time. I saw indecision last week and saw it this week. It's going to take time.

We need health too. The injury bug we have every year is old. Like What the Fork!?! Every year!
I completely agree. Your whole analysis is why I get so irked when people trout out the “Jameis would’ve won us those playoff games”. They are wowed by his arm strength, but our system is very complicated. Drew mastered it because it was literally created for him and he’d played in it for nearly two decades. How can anyone have expected Jameis to go against the league’s top defenses last season and slice them up in a system he’s still learning?

I believe in Jameis. I think he will pull it all together. It won’t happen overnight, though. He will have to take his bumps, but I truly believe that He and this TEAM will ultimately get in synch and rejoin the elites.

I'm referring to the fact that you couldn't wait 10 seconds to start multiple threads sheetting on Jameis after 1 game. :9:

It's been you M.O. all off season/season.
And yes I’m on record saying our future QB is not Winston or Hill which is why I’m not screaming for Hill

I’ve said this in multiple threads, but that was the worst I’ve seen a Saints OL play since Payton got here.

That’s not us.

Biggest concern I have from this game is that receivers couldn’t get open. That has to change.

Beyond that? I could legitimately see every issue we had today as a one-off for a variety of reasons.

It will be interesting watching the Panthers playing against a team with a healthy roster in the weeks to come.

And hopefully after Week 4 we'll see if we can look like a contender with a lot of this healing behind us.

And yes I’m on record saying our future QB is not Winston or Hill which is why I’m not screaming for Hill
I'm fine with us giving a #1 overall pick a one-year contract and seeing how it goes for a season. But yeah, I don't really think Taysom or Jameis is our long-term QB of the future. I'm not sure about Book but I think there's a reason the team is keeping him on the roster even though we usually don't keep this many QBs.

Maybe he would have called better protection. You can’t compare

Dude the type of protection wasn’t the problem. Our blockers were getting manhandled. A lot of the times during the blitz Jameis would avoid the tackle but our WR’s couldn’t get open. I understand you think Drew Brees is god almighty but we all have seen him have bad games where he didn’t have help.

We don’t have WR’s that can get separation.

Dude the type of protection wasn’t the problem. Our blockers were getting manhandled. A lot of the times during the blitz Jameis would avoid the tackle but our WR’s couldn’t get open. I understand you think Drew Brees is god almighty but we all have seen him have bad games where he didn’t have help.

We don’t have WR’s that can get separation.
Our WRs had no separation because Winston couldn't get to 2 seconds.

The Panthers did a number on our pass pro sets. The DEs widened out and our Ts took 3-4 steps back and once contact was made, the DEs only had a yard or two to go to QB. You can do that with fast DEs. And they did. They also had a great bead on our blocking scheme. We would slant and their guys would just run up field untouched.
Shoot first play of game we pulled TE from left across to block DE and he barley got hand on him on way to Winston.

We would normally make adjustments but when you are missing 6 offensive positional coaches (starting Wed) there simply isn't a way to get it all done in game. Not to mention installs during week.

There is a reason all 32 teams have 8-10 positional coaches and when you lose almost ALL OF the offensive ones Wed of game week and game, it's just too much. We have been away from home since Aug 27. Players living in hotel, road games, travel, injuries and covid.
Just came to a head today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom