The sky isn’t falling (1 Viewer)

And you are usually never as good as first game (or bad) and vice versa for second game. By game 4-5 you will know what you have.
We have a really solid team. Need guys to get healthy. Need our weapons on offense and defense to be at full strength to know what we got. You saw what the defense can do last week when all 11 starters are healthy

And 3 roughing the passer calls ALL resulting in first downs and sustaining drives was a back breaker. But that's what you get when you gotta play rotational players as starters.

Our WRs had no separation because Winston couldn't get to 2 seconds.

The Panthers did a number on our pass pro sets. The DEs widened out and our Ts took 3-4 steps back and once contact was made, the DEs only had a yard or two to go to QB. You can do that with fast DEs. And they did. They also had a great bead on our blocking scheme. We would slant and their guys would just run up field untouched.
Shoot first play of game we pulled TE from left across to block DE and he barley got hand on him on way to Winston.

We would normally make adjustments but when you are missing 6 offensive positional coaches (starting Wed) there simply isn't a way to get it all done in game. Not to mention installs during week.

There is a reason all 32 teams have 8-10 positional coaches and when you lose almost ALL OF the offensive ones Wed of game week and game, it's just too much. We have been away from home since Aug 27. Players living in hotel, road games, travel, injuries and covid.
Just came to a head today.

Well said! Agree 100%

Our WRs had no separation because Winston couldn't get to 2 seconds.

The Panthers did a number on our pass pro sets. The DEs widened out and our Ts took 3-4 steps back and once contact was made, the DEs only had a yard or two to go to QB. You can do that with fast DEs. And they did. They also had a great bead on our blocking scheme. We would slant and their guys would just run up field untouched.
Shoot first play of game we pulled TE from left across to block DE and he barley got hand on him on way to Winston.

We would normally make adjustments but when you are missing 6 offensive positional coaches (starting Wed) there simply isn't a way to get it all done in game. Not to mention installs during week.

There is a reason all 32 teams have 8-10 positional coaches and when you lose almost ALL OF the offensive ones Wed of game week and game, it's just too much. We have been away from home since Aug 27. Players living in hotel, road games, travel, injuries and covid.
Just came to a head today.
Yeah, the missing coaches had to play at least SOME role in preparation, scheming and adjustments. Otherwise, as you say, why would NFL teams spend that $ to have them on staff?

And re: travel, COVID, hotels, no player's ever going to point to that because they'd be roasted for making excuses, soft, etc. But players are human beings. I live in NOLA, was away from my home for over a week (less time than the Saints though), and yeah, mentally I hit a wall and I wasn't 100% at my job for a while. I didn't make that excuse to my boss, but the fact is I'm human and this was a prolonged stressful situation. It affects people.

The lack of adjustments to the game plan was bad. It seemed to me that the game plan was on rails and regardless of what the Panthers did we just continued to attack the same way. Very little effort to try to and run Jones or AK. Very few screens and quick slants. IDK but it seemed like everything was a five step drop and wait. OL play was certainly out of sink but it seemed to me that the OL blocking assignments and calls were the main issue. Too many free runners means someone didn't get the call. Credit Cryolina but man the lack of any adjustment at the line was troubling. I think the offense needs to get to the line sooner so Winston can have time to auditable when a team is blitzing or overloading. There was one play were AK had to cross in front of Winston and then reach block two unblocked players! That has got to get fixed.

The lack of adjustments to the game plan was bad. It seemed to me that the game plan was on rails and regardless of what the Panthers did we just continued to attack the same way. Very little effort to try to and run Jones or AK. Very few screens and quick slants. IDK but it seemed like everything was a five step drop and wait. OL play was certainly out of sink but it seemed to me that the OL blocking assignments and calls were the main issue. Too many free runners means someone didn't get the call. Credit Cryolina but man the lack of any adjustment at the line was troubling. I think the offense needs to get to the line sooner so Winston can have time to auditable when a team is blitzing or overloading. There was one play were AK had to cross in front of Winston and then reach block two unblocked players! That has got to get fixed.
adjustments by who? the waterboy?

no line coach, no rb coach, no TE coach, no WR coach - there was NO coaching happening on sideline. Shoot they had a camera shot in the first half of SP talking to positional players.

We had no one to implement to the position groups. So the "lack" that bothers you, shouldn't. We didn't have the coaches to do it. This week.

Guess we'll find out next week since they should all be back. And they will be tested as Belichick is as good a defensive mind as Payton is on offense.

We maybe score 7 to 10 more points if Drew in his prime is playing this game. Just really, really bad line play
hard to say but this game had the earmarks of an L from the beginning. I felt that coming in to it so I wasnt even angry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom