The Sports Bash! (1 Viewer)

Usmfan84

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Erik Kuselias just gave the Saints huge props. He named a few catergories for this year.

1. Best WR. "Really close between Marques Colston and Tori Holt". I would have to take Holt in the long run because he's been a beast in the past and this year"

2. Best Coach. "Do we really even have to spend time on this one. Coach Sean Payton hands down...NEXT".

3. Most Memoriable moment. "Do I even have to tell you what this moment is? This one is obvious...Saints return to the DOME".

4. League MVP. "Now alot of you will say Peyton Manning and I wont bash you for saying it. But im gonna take the word "valuable" and use it to its truest meaning. Drew Brees has done more for his team then any QB in the league right now...throw stats out the door. Looking at the Saints last year and this year...ok tell me Drew doesnt deserve it."

He then goes on to say it WILL come down to Manning or Brees. It sure is nice to hear him and people like Collin Cowherd talk good about us.

Yeah it is nice having goods things said about us, even though it also seems most of the media that talks good about us seems to pick against us.

he is also the same clown who ,along with colin cowherd, went on and on about how new orleans was done as a NFL city the week after Katrina.

If one really thinks about it here are the trophys the Saints players can pull in

MVP -- Brees
comeback player Brees
Rookie of the year Coltson
Coach of the year Payton

O you forgot one more...

2007 Lombardi Trophy - N.O. Saints

he is also the same clown who ,along with colin cowherd, went on and on about how new orleans was done as a NFL city the week after Katrina.

Thank you...how can you even take these clowns seriously...they have ripped our city for months...now all of a sudden theyre on board?? B FREAKIN S.

If one really thinks about it here are the trophys the Saints players can pull in

MVP -- Brees
comeback player Brees
Rookie of the year Coltson
Coach of the year Payton

I doubt Drew could win Comeback player- he has already won it once.

MVP though, I think that this is more than possible. Especially WHEN the Saints win their division

Its not ripping us by saying the Saints were gonna move a week after the hurricane. They were stating their opinion..as to what they are paid to do. Im sure some of us were thinking the same thing after Katrina. "Will the Saints remain in NO"? Its not like it was obvious that the Saints were staying.

Cowherd has picked agains the Saints this year in games. BUT he has said the team is heading in right directions and he thinks Brees is the 3rd best QB in the league. I mean how can you blame them picking against us?? I love the Saints but im no Homer....the Saints have been pretenders alot. The Media is slowly starting to realize we are legit though.

I am not a regular listener to that channel or show, but I did hear that today and got goosebumps. It was almost too good to be true.

I think it's wonderful that the media is realizing what Brees means to this football team. I could definitely see MVP, though Comeback Player is a reach. Guys who win that are guys who either lost their starting jobs, had to fight for their starting jobs, or had to return from significant injury (the shoulder had all offseason to heal, its not like it happened 4 weeks into a season he was crapping up).

Nice job guys!!
I agree with your picks, but you forgot two awards that we "should" have.....

Jahiri Evans- Outstanding Rookie Lineman. I just realized who he reminds me of.... A 50/50 misture of Mike Singletary and Willie Roaf... think glasses, talent, character, talent, and passion...

Roman Harper- Outstanding Defensive player, if he didn't get hurt.
What about Nink as the second best????
They both were bringing it at the beginning of the year!!!!!
If both come back healthy, then it will be....
As I like to say.
"Grits and Gravy!!!!"
Especially adding the new rooks.....
BB&G

Man, we haven't had a QB that compared to Manning since, well, since we had a Manning. Payton should be a lock for coach of the year and Colston should be a lock for rookie of the year.

These guys still say New Orleans can't support the Saints long term and they'll move. But they are giving props to what is happening on the field and to the feel good story of the Saints' return to the Dome. These subjects are actually like comparing apples and oranges: you can think the Saints will move later but they are doing well on the field now and the return is a feel good story, even if the return won't be forever. That's not inconsistent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom