The Steelers game will paint the picture of the season (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
to some degree.

So much is put into the 3rd preseason game as being the true test of a team due to the starters playing generally 2-3 quarters.

I'd say this year might be an exception due to how young we are. We should continue to progress and if we don't lose our confidence we should be better by the end of the year than we will be to start the year.

I'm looking for progress this year. We all want to be back in the playoffs now and the clock certainly is ticking as the most important player in our franchise is in the twilight of his career with no heir apparent in the wings.

I really am encouraged by the defensive youngsters. We will have some growing pains this year but they should be fun to watch.

So, the 3rd preseason game may not be as important a gauge on this season as it normally would be.

Yes but a win builds confidence as well and I think that is what is needed to get things going

Yea if anything lets win these last two preseason games in the Dome to start the confidence building!

Dress rehearsal game is important to a degree but I think there is still a lack of game planning as well because again it's preseason.

I really hope in the regular season that game planning and scheming for each opponent helps the o-line. I would think it does a little at least.

another 3-4 defense which we somehow struggle againts

Maybe more importantly this will be arguably the best offense we've faced this preseason. NE is good but without Brady this team is far better than New England. Let's see how the youngsters due in this test.

Maybe more importantly this will be arguably the best offense we've faced this preseason. NE is good but without Brady this team is far better than New England. Let's see how the youngsters due in this test.

Breaux vs Brown should be interesting.

They was a top 5 offense last year so yeah

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using Tapatalk

I know Pitt sat the majority of its starters against Philly. They might do the same against us, too.

I don't think any preseason game is a gauge of what team you have going into the season. These days I don't make any assumptions on our team until about week 3 or 4 of the regular season. Seems by then you have a pretty good idea of what you have. Even then teams can peak or fall off throughout the year but you should have a general idea by week 3 or 4.

I think we've had enough "in-game" evaluating. We absolutely need to put the team that is going to be playing on Sundays out on the field for this game. They have had no time to develop chemistry and we need more than a few series to get that going.

Set the o-line, let them get at least a half if not a full game of experience playing the positions that they will for the rest of the season.

Our offense desperately needs some confidence heading into the season.
One thing that has been very impressive so far is our defense. I feel like this year we won't have to score 40 or more to win games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom