The story of Breesus. (cause I'm tired and delirious...) (1 Viewer)

On the 6th day of the 11th month, Breesus and his disciples traveled north to the chilled lands of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Washington</st1:place></st1:State>, home to warriors of the redskin. They had been tested in battle and proved themselves worthy in many a competition but had little to show of their efforts. Like Breesus they were not to be taken lightly but their record was not indicative of their potential and had been stated thusly over and over by the Bishop Payton. On this day of stinging cold air induced atmosphere ringing loud with the chants of the home teams followers, it would prove to be the most pivotal battle yet that Breesus had to face. One even greater than the battle at the shores of Miami, for today the redskins fought hard as they had done all year and kept Breesus within distance but not into victory as he had be accustomed to.
Or so it would seem!
With a moment to hang Breesus from the golden cross that he bears so heavily, a tremendous event took place instead. A fleeting javelin hurled from the foot of the would be executioner found refuge outside the confines of it's destination thusly negating the chance that Breesus and his Saints would not see glorious victory this day. When hope lost itself upon the shoulders of the mighty gladiators from the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">land</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">Orleans</st1:placeName></st1:place>, victory seemingly snatched from their hands, a record of greatness forever tarnished by one, Breesus went to them and said "This day is not over! We have fought and fought like we have done in the past and we will not give up now. We are <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Orleans</st1:place></st1:City>! We must FINISH!"
And with great valor and vigor Breesus sent forth the young man Meachem from the tribe of Tennessee who accepted his duty as he had proven earlier that he to could find a way to make a difference when it was needed the most. With time in hand to seal this march and send these retched redskins back into their dismal peril of failure, Breesus grounded himself in the faith of the tribe of the black and gold and hurled a precisely placed javelin into young Robert's hands while he ran swiftly into the home of the defenders. Having been tested all day long and uncharacteristically giving up so many arpents of land to the defenders, Jonathan from the tribe of Vilma would come to aide in the destruction of the skins, giving Breesus a shortened field of battle as he snatched the defenders javelin from the sky all but sealing victory into the records for his mighty Saints.
With victory in sight the Bishop Payton sent in his young colt of a kicker who had not competed at all in battle of this year. Faith led Payton to believe that young Hartley could achieve such a goal of many cubits as to send his javelin through these posts as the defenders had failed to do. But such a tethered battle ground proved too difficult for young Hartley as he fell prey to the muddied conditions sending his javelin straight but not being able to achieve the distance needed to win the competition.
It was then that Breesus would see his men into extended time but patiently he would have to wait as the redskins would receive first in the final quarter. These redskins could not believe what was happening. They had seen this before but not of such magnitude. But this was no ordinary team they faced today. These were the Saints of Orleans, who led by the mighty Breesus passed and marched ferociously towards the defenders goal only after sending their defender McAlister to thwart their pass attempt causing their runner to relinquish the rock.
Once again Hartley marched onto the field confident, stoic and ready to end this war once and for all and with a swift kick it was done. Breesus had led his men to unheard of greatness in the south as they were true champions of their land and the other southern tribes accompanied within their division. Time stood still as the bitterness of defeat crept deeper into the souls of the redskins like salt into open wounds. Breesus himself still having not known the taste of this "defeat" told his men that they still have their best yet to come. That they have not yet peaked and the road to greatness will only become tougher with each victory and travel. And travel they will, into the land of their longtime nemesis, those feathered foes from the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">land</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:placeName></st1:place>&#8230;

And they were tested in the land of the Redskin. Violently, the outmanned Redskins fought, bringing fourth they're best efforts of they're time. The weather was rugged and cold, and the battle was fought long and hard.

The Redskins had thought they had finally brought down the mighty Saints, but they're strength was no more, as they're rock socker gave in to the pressure.

Breesus stood on the side and said with furious eyes, '' Meachem, I choose you. Find a way through they're line of defense, and I will find you. Lets show them why we are New Orleans! Why this is our time, why we have had ENOUGH! ''

And Breesus destroyed they're line of defense within 1 minute.

The gods gave the Redskins more time as a reward of vailiance. But they gave in. And a old but new Saint emereged, and the Saints win yet another battle, in another way, in another city.

Breesus stood in front of the messengers and said. '' I believe in fate, I believe in what goes around comes around. ''

So it was said.

My thanks to all who have (and continue to) contribute to this story. It's turned into quite a little novel and it's only going to get better as we march on to the "Big Show"!

My thanks to all who have (and continue to) contribute to this story. It's turned into quite a little novel and it's only going to get better as we march on to the "Big Show"!

:plus-un2: This has been fun. BTW thanks for correcting my '' they're '' errors. I have a bad habit with that. :hihi:

:plus-un2: This has been fun. BTW thanks for correcting my '' they're '' errors. I have a bad habit with that. :hihi:

Yeah man, it's a habit of mine.. My mom was an English teacher and it's in my freakin BLOOD to proof-read. (I still fail at times, but I ain't mom... hehe)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom