The stupids thing you have seen a game design team do (1 Viewer)

I think the real conclusion for me is just that Naughty Dog is a sloppy developer. Creativity A+. Playability and quality control F. I’ve played the three first in the Uncharted series now and all are glitchy and have major issues besides just glitches.

this is bizarre...i don't think i have ever noticed any glitches in an Uncharted game....they are pretty polished...

one thing to keep in mind is that UC1 was a very early PS3 title and the next two were on PS3 as well....if you are playing the ported versions on PS4, that's likely where the issues come from...although i don't think i noticed anything when i played through the collection when they released it...certainly nothing that would make me say ND is sloppy

this is bizarre...i don't think i have ever noticed any glitches in an Uncharted game....they are pretty polished...

one thing to keep in mind is that UC1 was a very early PS3 title and the next two were on PS3 as well....if you are playing the ported versions on PS4, that's likely where the issues come from...although i don't think i noticed anything when i played through the collection when they released it...certainly nothing that would make me say ND is sloppy

well I did suspect that it was the porting. But some stuff I looked up online had posts since the ps3 versions. Specific to two since I just finished. The train boss fight is just quirky. Couldn’t get the final sequence to initiate to save my life and he kills you with one punch. Then after 40 tries the same teqnique just works. Then when you approach the monestary and have to take out snipers there is a rocket launcher in a middle tower. Kill him and the whole tower comes down including a sniperon a floor above him. But when you cross the bridge you just die.According to online it is the ghost sniper and you have to kill him before you kill rocket launcher guy. It worked so apparently the info online was correct.

most of the combat in the UC games is pretty janky by today's standard...UC4 being the exception although it still feels slightly outdated...i just finished another playthrough of UC4 and it's still not the best one

most of the combat in the UC games is pretty janky by today's standard...UC4 being the exception although it still feels slightly outdated...i just finished another playthrough of UC4 and it's still not the best one

Wonky not janky IMO.

glitchy how? never encountered a glitch even in the ported play through.

glitchy how? never encountered a glitch even in the ported play through.

on a couple of occasions things that had to happen to trigger being able to move to the next stage just didn't happen. On two occasions it was a NPC just getting stuck, conversation not triggered. Back tracking a bit unstuck it. Also got trapped in the hull of a boat in a swimming part (the walls were invisible and I was clearly in an "object" that wasn't meant to be accessed so I had to reset the mission) and the part that I started the thread for it put me in the desert but the "voice" telling you to take shelter under the rock didn't trigger so nothing happened when I approached the rock.

It just occurred to me that Naughty Dog is also responsible for Last of Us which is one of the best games ever so my criticism is not warranted. Don't know why I thought that was Ubisoft (probably because of all the stealth)

Anyway, ported versions of games are important to me only because of the way I buy consoles. With each generation of console I have bounced back to the other side - always to get to the sole proprietor games. Since that is how they try to make you choose one console over the other, they are usually the best games you can find. When I bounce to Microsoft its for the Halo and Gears of War types and I bounced back to PS4 specifically for Uncharted and Last of Us.

Anyway, the glitches were obviously not bad enough to keep me from buying UC4 because I just did. Hopefully this gets me through almost to the Last of Us 2 release.

Last edited:
So this thread took a turn away from my original thoughts. UC4 is cool as hell. Some real original and fun playing. And walking around his house early on felt just like walking through the Last of Us home as Joels daughter. Naughty Dog not on my spit list anymore.

higher hopes for LOU2 than ever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom