The Sugar Bowl (1 Viewer)

Friend and former coworker of mine -- the lone Bama fan I can stand to be around -- texted me after the first coupla series that this reminds him of the Sugar Bowl (I believe it was after the 2013 season) with Bama and Oklahoma. Bama had just lost the "Kick Six" game and likely didn't want to be there. OU was on an upswing and scored the upset.

I tend to agree with his assessment as the third quarter ends.

Friend and former coworker of mine -- the lone Bama fan I can stand to be around -- texted me after the first coupla series that this reminds him of the Sugar Bowl (I believe it was after the 2013 season) with Bama and Oklahoma. Bama had just lost the "Kick Six" game and likely didn't want to be there. OU was on an upswing and scored the upset.

I tend to agree with his assessment as the third quarter ends.

I think they forgot to "Dance with the one that brought you".

Get back to RUNNING THE BALL.

This game is about to be over!

TX gets 7 here and you can turn off the lights...

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

I've "always"felt that one way to make ALL of the Bowl Games meaningful is to have the LAST POLL of this year be the FIRST POLL of next year!

That way ALL the TEAMS will play their hardest and ALL of the GAMES will be MEANINGFUL.

OK, back to the regularly scheduled program.

Georgia played terrible! Fromm was off target on a lot of passes today. They tackled terrible. The punter put them in terrible position a couple of times, and Swift couldn't hold on to the ball. It was just a very bad performance. I wonder if this will sway any recruits?

Fromm takes a lot of blame for this one. He can take the blame for the bad passes.
Coaching takes the blame for keeping him in.

Texas fans need to enjoy this while they can.. LSU will be in Austin in eight months and in the ‘Tom Herman Bowl’ , will show UT that theyre not quite as ‘back’ yet as they think they are.

Texas fans need to enjoy this while they can.. LSU will be in Austin in eight months and in the ‘Tom Herman Bowl’ , will show UT that theyre not quite as ‘back’ yet as they think they are.

Hmm, so based on what you saw today, LSU goes into Austin and beats Texas?? Is good coaching gonna be a factor in the game?? Because I saw an extremely disciplined Texas team beat a team better than them and a completely undisciplined LSU team almost lose a game that they totally dominated....

Yeah, I'm as big a LSU fan as anyone and it's going to be a slog going into UT and beating them.

UT looks like they're buying into the Herman system.

Yall are right, i wasnt totally serious.. that game actually concerns me a lot.. if it were being played in Baton Rouge (which it will be in 2020), then i think we have a much better chance of winning.. as it stands now, i think it’s a toss-up (apparently Texas is losing a lot of starters as well) ; the only good news for LSU is that we have a game against Georgia Southern first in Tiger Stadium to use as a tune-up.. i HATE when we open the season right out of the gate against a quality opponent .. sometimes we win those (Oregon, TCU, Miami) but sometimes, like in Lambeau Field, we could have def used a game or two to get ready.

Yall are right, i wasnt totally serious.. that game actually concerns me a lot.. if it were being played in Baton Rouge (which it will be in 2020), then i think we have a much better chance of winning.. as it stands now, i think it’s a toss-up (apparently Texas is losing a lot of starters as well) ; the only good news for LSU is that we have a game against Georgia Southern first in Tiger Stadium to use as a tune-up.. i HATE when we open the season right out of the gate against a quality opponent .. sometimes we win those (Oregon, TCU, Miami) but sometimes, like in Lambeau Field, we could have def used a game or two to get ready.

What concerns me is usually those opening games are at a neutral site. This is in Austin. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE scheduling the home and homes with a big time opponent. I think more teams should do it. In fact, even a close loss in Austin, IMO, shouldn't hurt LSU. With the totally subjective nature of the CFP, IMO, you should get credit for that kind of scheduling. Yeah, you gotta win out, but that's probably unlikely anyway. But if you win the SEC, you are probably in and a game with Texas can only help you, IMO.

Early in the season, it looked like LSU had dodged a bullet by not getting Herman. What I saw last night was a team that was out-talented, but Herman completely out coached Kirby. If there ever was a sleeping giant, it's Texas and I fear what we saw last night was the giant starting to wake up...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom