The Sugar Bowl (1 Viewer)

All over the radio and print is speculation that Georgia didn’t show up because they didn’t get a final four bid. Seems to me that if you’re sore because you’re dissed, it only makes for a stronger case to show up and prove everyone wrong.

Georgia’s fail last night is proof that they didn’t belong in top four. Heck, neither did Notre Dame for that matter.

Texas at 15 looks to be a mistake too. I can’t provide an answer for all of this but clearly the best teams are not being consistently represented at the end of the year . A playoff on a much larger scale has to be in the cards no matter what.

And I agree that Texas is a team to watchout for

What concerns me is usually those opening games are at a neutral site. This is in Austin. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE scheduling the home and homes with a big time opponent. I think more teams should do it. In fact, even a close loss in Austin, IMO, shouldn't hurt LSU. With the totally subjective nature of the CFP, IMO, you should get credit for that kind of scheduling. Yeah, you gotta win out, but that's probably unlikely anyway. But if you win the SEC, you are probably in and a game with Texas can only help you, IMO.

Early in the season, it looked like LSU had dodged a bullet by not getting Herman. What I saw last night was a team that was out-talented, but Herman completely out coached Kirby. If there ever was a sleeping giant, it's Texas and I fear what we saw last night was the giant starting to wake up...

I’ll agree with most of your post, but i do think we dodged a bullet by not hiring Herman.. dude is a weasel, just a straight up punk.. he’s another Lane Kiffin.. i’m not a big Orgeron fan, but Herman’s not a guy i’d want in charge of my team.

Fun win. Sam really matured this season.

Challenge for Herman and DC Todd Orlando is turning over about 8 starters on defense. Talent is there but not game experience.

Only a mere 34 weeks to go until next season.

Earlier this fall, I met and talked to a guy who is close to the chief administrators and athletic department folks at both LSU and Texas. He said he was the driving force for getting this home-and-home series booked. He showed me lots of cool pics of hanging out with both coaching staffs.

Last edited:
Fun win. Sam really matured this season.

Challenge for Herman and DC Todd Orlando is turning over about 8 starters on defense. Talent is there but not game experience.

Only a mere 34 weeks to go until next season.

Earlier this fall, I met and talked to a guy who is close to the chief administrators and athletic department folks at both LSU and Texas. He said he was the driving force for getting this home-and-home series booked. He showed me lots of cool pics of hanging out with both coaching staffs.
It's a good pairing. I'd like to see it more often.

My 30-18 prediction wasn't that far off.

Don't spit any of that nonsense about Georgia not wanting to be there. Their coach and the players said that wasn't the case. They talked smack leading up to the bowl about the soft Big XII team, etc., and proceeded to get punched in the mouth from the opening whistle. The Horns were more physical and dominated the trenches, which caught them totally off guard. By the time they even realized what hit them and started to try to recover, the game was over.

I think the pre-game 15 ranking was pretty fair. They lost a few games they shouldn't have and won a few they "shouldn't" have. They play up and down to their competition, whether it's almost losing to Tulsa, or beating Georgia/OU. Inconsistent young team. But for the first time since 2009 I actually believe they're legitimately on the come up.

Regarding the LSU game, that's going to be a great game. Should be nasty and physical. We lose more than half of our defensive starters, so that's an issue. And Austin isn't really a top-tier home field advantage, it's a pretty milquetoast crowd. But we'll return a solid O-line, probably the 2nd best WR group in the country (Clemson), and a very dark-horse heisman candidate QB. Can't wait. Texas wins, but you already knew that.

Can we talk about SEC defenses and how terrible they look when they play a real offense (AKA a non-SEC offense)?

My 30-18 prediction wasn't that far off.

Don't spit any of that nonsense about Georgia not wanting to be there. Their coach and the players said that wasn't the case. They talked smack leading up to the bowl about the soft Big XII team, etc., and proceeded to get punched in the mouth from the opening whistle. The Horns were more physical and dominated the trenches, which caught them totally off guard. By the time they even realized what hit them and started to try to recover, the game was over.

I think the pre-game 15 ranking was pretty fair. They lost a few games they shouldn't have and won a few they "shouldn't" have. They play up and down to their competition, whether it's almost losing to Tulsa, or beating Georgia/OU. Inconsistent young team. But for the first time since 2009 I actually believe they're legitimately on the come up.

Regarding the LSU game, that's going to be a great game. Should be nasty and physical. We lose more than half of our defensive starters, so that's an issue. And Austin isn't really a top-tier home field advantage, it's a pretty milquetoast crowd. But we'll return a solid O-line, probably the 2nd best WR group in the country (Clemson), and a very dark-horse heisman candidate QB. Can't wait. Texas wins, but you already knew that.

Can we talk about SEC defenses and how terrible they look when they play a real offense (AKA a non-SEC offense)?
I agree it should be a great game. I'll wait until the off season is over to give judgement on what might happen in the game. A lot of things happen, injuries, recruiting, player suspensions, return of injured players, coaching changes, etc. Both teams will be top 10 and maybe even top 5. LSU has a pretty good record starting off the season with a signature win. LSU has a lot coming back on offense also but need to get the offensive line problems fixed. The defense will also need to improve on the defensive line.
I don't disagree about the SEC defenses. The SEC has an offensive problem. Overall the league doesn't have great QB play. It's average at best but there are some teams that could make a big push next season. LSU, TA&M, UF, and Auburn have potential to explode offensively. The SEC west will be loaded. It is going to be a grind. If LSU can beat Texas the schedule sets up well for them.

I agree it should be a great game. I'll wait until the off season is over to give judgement on what might happen in the game. A lot of things happen, injuries, recruiting, player suspensions, return of injured players, coaching changes, etc. Both teams will be top 10 and maybe even top 5. LSU has a pretty good record starting off the season with a signature win. LSU has a lot coming back on offense also but need to get the offensive line problems fixed. The defense will also need to improve on the defensive line.
I don't disagree about the SEC defenses. The SEC has an offensive problem. Overall the league doesn't have great QB play. It's average at best but there are some teams that could make a big push next season. LSU, TA&M, UF, and Auburn have potential to explode offensively. The SEC west will be loaded. It is going to be a grind. If LSU can beat Texas the schedule sets up well for them.

Whoever wins jumps into the CFP talks instantly. Funny part is whoever loses still has a shot too IE if Texas lost but beat OU and won the conference with the only loss being to a top 5 LSU. Going to be a ton of fun. Those tickets are going to be ridiculously expensive.

As we get closer to the game if any of you guys are visiting and need a tailgate, hit me up.

Now that the Saints’ season is over, though i’m still bummed about the way it ended- now I am focused on one thing, and one thing only.. LSU *must* beat the UT ‘Horns in nine months from now... we gotta ensure that that happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom