The Suicide Squad Trailer (1 Viewer)

I thought there was already a Suicide Squad movie. Is this a sequel or a remake?

I think it's a sequel and there was a Suicide Squad movie. Apparently they though it was a good idea to just add "The" to the title and release another movie. seems like an odd decision, but the first one wasn't particularly good so maybe they are trying to forget that it happened.

I thought there was already a Suicide Squad movie. Is this a sequel or a remake?

I was wondering the same thing too. I have seen this trailer before but I don't know if I am supposed to act surprised like they make us do with the Spiderman/Fantastic 4 reboots.

I think it's a sequel and there was a Suicide Squad movie. Apparently they though it was a good idea to just add "The" to the title and release another movie. seems like an odd decision, but the first one wasn't particularly good so maybe they are trying to forget that it happened.
I enjoyed the 1st one. I don't follow any of the story outside of that though so likely it contributes to why. I was digging the couple of songs they chose in that trailer. Thought that was well done in the 1st as well.

I enjoyed the 1st one. I don't follow any of the story outside of that though so likely it contributes to why. I was digging the couple of songs they chose in that trailer. Thought that was well done in the 1st as well.

I thought the first one had it's moments, but was kind of a narrative mess and the the ending was pretty bad. The music was the best part.

And, FWIW, I know nothing about the characters in either one except for Harley Quinn who I only knew from the 90s Batman Cartoon and the Batman Arkham video games.

That all being said, the trailer for this one makes it look pretty good and light hearted and the Harley Quinn stand alone movie was pretty good so I have some hope for this movie. Plus, it has Idris Elba and Peter Capaldi in it which is a plus.

Last edited:
I thought the first one had it's moments, but was kind of a narrative mess and the the ending was pretty bad. The music was the best part.

And, FWIW, I know nothing about the characters in either one except for Harley Quinn who I only knew from the 90s Batman Cartoon and the Batman Arkham video games.

That all being said, the trailer for this one makes it look pretty good and light hearted and the Harley Quinn stand alone movie was pretty good so I have some hope for this movie. Plus, it has Idris Elba and Peter Capaldi in it which is a plus.
Can't argue that. I found the movie to be entertaining but not riveting so your assessment fits well.

Been meaning to watch the stand alone Harley but haven't found time when I have the right streaming service. Need to look for it.

I was kind of hit with how big the cast was that I recognize and appreciate. Should be pretty good but I'm not going to expect more than a light evening of watching with a deeper meaning if I decide to delve into the characters and story. Sometimes I enjoy just watching and letting stuff blow up.

What was that line about that last Godzilla movie? I went in expecting to see giant reptiles and insects, bash in towns, knock down airplanes, and cause general destruction on a global scale. I was not disappointed.

I've seen the previous Suicide Squad, so I wasn't sure how this was related. I thought the first one was a pretty run of the mill action flick. I liked the Harley Quinn character, but not a whole lot else.

I'll probably watch this one when it comes out on Netflix or whatever.

My son is 3 and has never seen any media that has King Shark in it, but he has a King Shark toy and loves it.
He won't be seeing this movie anytime soon.

I hear the next Suicide Squad movie will be called
"Its the Suicide Squad"
followed by,
"Look, its the Suicide Squad"
then,
Hey Look, its the Suicide Squad"
and so on...

My son is 3 and has never seen any media that has King Shark in it, but he has a King Shark toy and loves it.
He won't be seeing this movie anytime soon.

I hear the next Suicide Squad movie will be called
"Its the Suicide Squad"
followed by,
"Look, its the Suicide Squad"
then,
Hey Look, its the Suicide Squad"
and so on...

Suicide Squad 2: Electric Boogaloo would have just rolled off the tongue so much easier.

Suicide Squad 2: Electric Boogaloo would have just rolled off the tongue so much easier.

I'd have gone with Suicide Squad 2: Pajama Jammy Jam, but yours works too.

By the way, they have a hardest time finding reasonable names for these movies for some reason. I mean, the Harley Quinn movie was originally going to just be released as "Birds of Prey." They they added the long sentence about the Fantabulous Emancipation of Haley Quinn or something to it. Which is crazy because Harley Quinn's name with Margot Robbie attached would have been a bankable asset in a movie tittle.

Last edited:
If you watch the extended version of Suicide Squad, it is good. My opinion is the DC editor needs replaced.

If you watch the extended version of Suicide Squad, it is good. My opinion is the DC editor needs replaced.

I'll have to check that out. I think the bones of a good movie or their but the released version kind of falls apart about two thirds of the way through.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom