The Sunday ticket & Directv may split after this season. (1 Viewer)

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like there is finally a legit chance that directv will not renew their stranglehold on Sunday ticket in the next few seasons. Where you at Amazon, Roku, Netflix.....

That’s good, but I’m waiting for when ESPN drops MNF.
Their rights are the reason cable/satellite companies charge more every year and why they always drop channels near football season.
Once MNF leaves and goes to a streaming service or possibly another broadcast channel, that’ll be the end of cable and you’ll see ALOT more people go cord cutting.

That will be the end of 19 years of DirecTV for me...

I got the Sunday ticket for free this year so right when the playoffs start I am dumping them. They have horrible customer service and they lost NBC and just today we lost CBS two major stations. I just went and got Roku TV yesterday which will really save money.

I wonder what percentage of people who have directv are the same

10%? 50%?
I’m dropping them the day they stop showing the Ticket.

I remember reading one time there was something like 3 million subscriptions for Sunday ticket. I’d bet that at least half that number would drop It.

I’m dropping them the day they stop showing the Ticket.

I remember reading one time there was something like 3 million subscriptions for Sunday ticket. I’d bet that at least half that number would drop It.
Me, too.

I hope this happens but not a move to Dish. I am experimenting with some alternate means of watching Saints games this season so that next season I'll have that alternative in hand. But I don't mind paying for ST, so if it goes to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc. then I'll just get it that way.

But I'm sick of DTV so any alternative, except Dish, wins.

You guys are so right about the terrible customer service. Their prices keep going up and they do not care how long you have been with them. If you call, good luck! No telling who you will get but chances are high that it will be one of the outside companies they subcontract too and they know nothing! When you call to speak to customer retention, they will try to tell you that none exist! Then if you get to customer retention and you negotiate your bill down, it will still be wrong and when you call back there will be no notes in their system, nothing. You then have to start all over. We had Direct TV, internet and cell phones with them and they treated us like crap. Never missed a payment. Matter of fact, it was auto deducted. Paying 180 per month is just too much and all we had was Starz. No Ticket. 2 cell phones and internet. I suppose it got all messed up when AT&T bought them. After 18 years I am headed to cable and my fire stick for movies.

Once years ago we did one of their “3 free months of showtime and Cinemax” deals

At the end of three months we tried to cancel which was a NIGHTMARE!!!!

We had to talk to like six different people and each one kept trying to convince us to keep it

I will never do one of those promotions again

I have been with DirecTV for 22 years only because of Sunday Ticket. If that is gone, I am gone.
I jumped ship a couple of years ago. It was the only reason I had directv over cable.

I also wish they had a cheaper single team package

I rarely watch a non saints game

It would be worth it for to me to pay half as much but only get saints games

I think way way back when it first started, you had that option of just getting a single teams games. It’s been a really long time since though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom