The Super-official Draft Mac Jones 2021 thread (1 Viewer)

Jones now with a 210 qb rating.

Screenshot_20201206-104828_Chrome.jpg

Burrow's was 202 by comparison.Screenshot_20201206-104929_Chrome.jpg

Jones completing 75.7% of his passes in 2020 vs Burrow 76.3% in 2019.

I can’t decide if I like Jones or not. I haven’t watched enough film yet. Statistically he looks the part, but my initial reservation is asking how much of his success is because of Najee Harris, that offensive line, and guys like DeVonta Smith?

personally, I just have a hunch that we aren’t drafting a replacement. If Drew retires, it will be Taysom Hills job to lose, like it or not, and I think he’ll compete with a big name free agent. I think keep adding depth to the Offensive line if we’re picking at the bottom of the 1st.
Fine time to ask these questions considering Burrow played with the likes of Hellaire, Jefferson, and Chase.

Granted, Harris, Waddle, and Smith might actually be better, but Jones is really putting on a clinic for touch and accuracy.

He is even #1 vs the blitz and set Alabama's record for consecutive competitions with 19.

"Jones’ single-season 203.9 passer efficiency rating is No. 1 all-time in records dating back to 1956, according to sports-reference.com. He’s a nose ahead of Joe Burrow’s record of 202 set last year while Tua Tagovailoa finished the 2018 season at 199.4.

Also of note, Tide offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian checks in at No. 55 on that ranking for his 1996 season as BYU’s quarterback. Sarkisian’s 173.3 rating is just behind Colt McCoy in 2008 and one spot ahead of Baker Mayfield in 2015.

Jones’ 2020 season is No. 1 on the all-time Quarterback Rating (QBR) on ESPN’s website. The fourth-year junior has a rating of 96.0, ahead of Kyler Murray’s 2018 (95.4) and Burrow’s 2019 (94.9). Tagovailoa’s 2018 season is No. 8 on this list with a 93.1 rating."

Mr. Bump My Own Thread back at it again.

Mac Jones is solid. He is not worth the millions of threads.
Mr. Bad-at-arithmetic can't count how many Mac Jones threads are on the SSF. :ROFLMAO: :shrug:

New CBS mock has him going 26th overall and honestly I think that his, footwork, mechanics, arm strength and accuracy is even more impressive than Trevor Lawrence.

Pff's accuracy score even backs this up.

The thing that made Brees the best passer of all time was his tremendous accuracy and footwork and mack has that in spades.

He is the only rookie that I give a chance to unseating Winston.

You lost me when you used pff. That site sucks and is pathetic.

I'm wary of AL or FL QB's that have all day to throw the ball, a great rushing attack, and a great defense. Call me when Mac Jones actually has to make plays to win a close game....I think he could play QB at the NFL level but I don't see him being a great or even good one....

You lost me when you used pff. That site sucks and is pathetic.
Then use whatever metric the board judged Burrow by to be so great because at this point he's beating him in all of the most important categories.

I'm wary of AL or FL QB's that have all day to throw the ball, a great rushing attack, and a great defense. Call me when Mac Jones actually has to make plays to win a close game....I think he could play QB at the NFL level but I don't see him being a great or even good one....
I agree.

Mac Jones is the G.O.A.T.

Mr Bump! We got it! When I need a campaign manager, your hired! 🙂

2E9DA333-4E1A-49C7-8C45-812572053830.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom