Ah the old pressure washer fire. Those gents are lucky.
Worked with a guy in the service who was about half way up a pave paws array with contractors who were on a window washing truss to pressure wash the antenna. Was time to refill the tank and the contractor did so without letting it cool or even putting out his cigarette. Flames ensued and the can of lit gasoline was tossed away by the contractor. Only problem was he tossed it on the Sgt.
It's hard to describe the pain in his eyes as he described slowly descending 5-6 stories while watching his "flesh melt away".
Did you know, they don't want to give you pain killers while they scrub the melted battle dress uniform material out of your skin? He said almost died a few times because of the amount of morphine needed just to bear the pain. 3rd degree over roughly 80%.
I wish I was making this up. I saw the man break when he accidentally walked in at the wrong time on a scene from Firestarter during a deployment.
Moral of the story, gasoline is flammable and those warnings aren't just suggestions.
But didn’t something like this happen during the 80s?
I wasn’t around, but I always see clips of it whenever they show the old days of the Saints.