The Superdome appears to be on fire (Merged)(Update: Fire is out) (1 Viewer)

Ah the old pressure washer fire. Those gents are lucky.

Worked with a guy in the service who was about half way up a pave paws array with contractors who were on a window washing truss to pressure wash the antenna. Was time to refill the tank and the contractor did so without letting it cool or even putting out his cigarette. Flames ensued and the can of lit gasoline was tossed away by the contractor. Only problem was he tossed it on the Sgt.

It's hard to describe the pain in his eyes as he described slowly descending 5-6 stories while watching his "flesh melt away".

Did you know, they don't want to give you pain killers while they scrub the melted battle dress uniform material out of your skin? He said almost died a few times because of the amount of morphine needed just to bear the pain. 3rd degree over roughly 80%.

I wish I was making this up. I saw the man break when he accidentally walked in at the wrong time on a scene from Firestarter during a deployment.

Moral of the story, gasoline is flammable and those warnings aren't just suggestions.

But didn’t something like this happen during the 80s?
I wasn’t around, but I always see clips of it whenever they show the old days of the Saints.

I remember being with my paw paw which thought he had seen it all besides a super bowl at the time as he was a season ticket holder from day 1 of Tulane Stadium. I remember him saying well look what these jackasses pulled off, this is something I never expected lol. Miss my idol and best friend dearly and will never forget this. Put a smile on my face, Thank you for bringing this subject up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom