The Swimmer Christmas Chronicles - Interviews with Pete and Cosell (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
1st - I want to wish all of you Who Dats and your families the very best Christmas. There's nothing like a bunch of we Cajuns in festive moods, drinking the spirits, then bringing up childhood issues :hihi:

The Chronicles are back by popular demand. I've been requested by a couple of SR members to do The Christmas Chronicles this year. So don't blame me :idunno:

2nd - Pete the former College Coach and Pro Trainer

The Swimmer: Pete, what do you think about the Saints chances this week against Tampa? (NOTE: I am just going to recite what Pete said. Some of what he talks about is way over my head)

Pete: With the Saints, it's all about Brees and if he gets the time he needs to go through his progressions and step up in the pocket to make downfield throws.

The Swimmer: We lost one of starting guards, how bad does that hurt us?

Pete: I don't follow the Saints well enough to know much about their guards. But here's the key. If the Saints O-line can read the Bucs defensive codes, they will win and Brees will light it up. In the 2 bad losses to the Bucs and the Lions, Brees was getting hit hard early and often. No QB can take that beating and play well. The O-line was clueless on the Defensive Codes.

The Swimmer: Why is reading the Defensive Codes so important and is that all up to Brees?

Pete: It's not all on Brees. In fact, it is much more on the O-line. I think you guys played without Unger in one of those games. The Center is key in reading Defensive codes. DC's try to fool the offense about their attack: when, where and how. They try to keep the Offense guessing the entire game. In the Cards game, the O-line was able to read the Card's D-codes and gave Brees a good deal of time and usually a safe, clean pocket. And we saw what he did. Nearly 50 points on a top defense in their backyard. In the Bucs and Lions games, your O-line was clueless on the D-codes. The O-line needs to pick up the codes when they get to the LOS. The center is key in getting the O-line ready for the play. It's this simple. If the O-line picks up the Bucs codes, Brees will win this game. If they don't and the Bucs D hits Brees often and early, it's will be a real tough game for the Saints

The Swimmer What do we need to do to be a SB team next year?

Pete Depth. I really like the Saints young defense. They fly all over the field and play with a swagger. But when you look at the teams like the Pats, GB, the Ravens etc., when a starter goes down, the backup players come in and do a good job. There is little drop-off in quality of play. This is depth. The Saints don't have that in a number of positions. If they build defensive depth and improve the O-line, the Saints can be dangerous next year. Felice Navidad!

3rd - Last night I was doing a long, extended deep meditation. I was trying to reach the Buddha, when Howard Cosell showed up and started a conversation with me about the Saints. I'll share that with my fellow Who Dats.

Howard Cosell: Hey Swimmer! The Saints are letting you down again. Ready to come up here yet and spend time with me, Mohammad Ali and the Big Guy? I had to spend a lot of time in purgatory, but I'm now up with the Big Guy. Ever since Mohammad came up, even the Big Guy chants daily, "Ali, Ali, Ali!

The Swimmer Howard, you are really festive right now. Shouldn't you be celebrating Hanukkah?

Howard Cosell: Since I got up here and spent time with the Big Guy, I've now seen the Light - Literally!

The Swimmer: OK Howard, what do you think about the Saints?

Howard Cosell: Swimmer, you know I always tell it like it is. The Saints problem is simple. Let's start with what is right. SP is one of the greatest offensive minds of the modern era - a true genius. Drew Brees is one of the greatest QBs in the history of the league and one of the gutsiest little guys to play QB. Tarkenton was a lot of fun, but Fran was frankly kinda dumb where Drew is a genius. It's too bad he's playing with a team that can't surround him with enough players to go back to the SB. He sure deserves it.

The Swimmer: Howard, you digress. What's wrong with the Saints?

Howard Cosell Swimmer, I'm just having too much fun up here. But I'll tell it like it is. Winning teams all start at the top. That means ownership 1st and the FO. You crazy and loveable Who Dat fans, can't see the forest through the daiquiris. When Rita and the other kids turned on Old Tom, it tore him apart. Tom had those kids setup in wealth for their entire life and then they stabbed him in the back, getting greedy and wanting it all. That greed bit is a real problem for many of you humans.

Imagine being a man near and after 90 who built an empire, but knows he can no longer effectively watch over his teams and money. So smart old guys hire someone they believe they can trust to protect their money and companies. You happy Who Dats are a little, actually a lot blind, to this. So Old Tom, make Loomis into that man to protect his assets. Mickey is a great loyal guy and smart money man, but he's clueless about running player personnel. SP owns Loomis and gets anything he wants. SP has no one to watch over and cover up his weaknesses.

Tom needs to promote Mickey to President, take him off the Pels completely and hire a real GM to whom SP reports. I can hear Sean screaming bloody murder all the way up here. But that's what the Saints need. SP is clueless on running an NFL caliber defense and special teams. This is why the Saints are losing. To make SP great, he needs someone to do for him what he can't so for himself. Sean has killed himself trying improve that defense. A quality GM would place some top defensive position coaches under DA and a top Special Teams coach and I promise you the Saints would contend for a SB again. Until then, they are like you Swimmer - often swimming blindly :hihi:

I hear you are going to play golf tomorrow. Unless you improved a lot since I last watched you, bring plenty of balls - plenty. And don't take yourself serious. Taking life serious is a death knell to happiness. Enjoy your time down there. Have fun even when you shank a few in the ponds :ezbill:

Lastly, before I go ham it up go to ham it up with Ali, I want to wish all of you Saints fans a very merry Christmas. You Saints fans are very special. Maybe the craziest fan base in the NFL, but also the best. Who Dat!

You are one strange cat .
But , with all the recent political correctness afoot , I hear they get christmas now too , so Merry Christmas , bro .

Merry Christmas swimmer, this has to be one of the most entertaining posts here all year. Never change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swimmer, I want some of your egg nog.

10357_seinfeld-embarassed-awkward.gif

Good to see Swimmer doing his thing without all the controversy.

Merry Christmas Swimmer!

christmas-tree-animated-gif-32.gif

thanks much Domefan!!! You put me up to this. I just hope the Who Dats enjoy. I just tried to bring some laughs to all. Merry Christmas my friend. And we won

Excellent thing to read while trying to figure how to make the outdoor stereo stream youtube sounds of santa landing on the roof through sonos!

First time ever to give Swimmer a green thumb and it wasn't just because it's Christmas!

:9:

Merry Christmas swimmer, this has to be one of the most entertaining posts here all year. Never change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-Train My Who Dat Brother! Merry Christmas and thanks for the kind words. So many of us, especially myself, often take ourselves too serious. Serious and fun don't seem to work together. And fun is just a lot more enjoyable

The 2017 season is already starting to be really fun. It's like the old gold rush. It's SB or bust

thanks much Domefan!!! You put me up to this. I just hope the Who Dats enjoy. I just tried to bring some laughs to all. Merry Christmas my friend. And we won

Every once in a while I don't mind the chronicles. So this is cool. I just think it got on a lot of people's nerves when you were doing it every day. Anyway enjoy your Christmas Swimmer.

Every once in a while I don't mind the chronicles. So this is cool. I just think it got on a lot of people's nerves when you were doing it every day. Anyway enjoy your Christmas Swimmer.

:smilielol: LMAO. The Chronicles are a once a year gig going forward. That's only fair for Andrus blood pressure and the Mods sanity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom