The tailgate driving in the New Orleans area is an epidemic. (2 Viewers)

I drove south through Los Angeles on I-5 a couple years ago.. It was almost bumper to bumper traffic at 70+ miles per hour.. Pretty insane..

Oops. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the coffee I've tossed out the window made into the tailgating drivers' windows, but that was not my intention. I just wanted the tailgating to cost them something - like a car wash.

Any of y'all try driving in NYC? I've done NOLA and NYC and NYC is by far the WORST IMO. It's one thing to question where/how they got their licence, but you also have to question if they understand the street signs due to language barriers because they don't bother to learn english. The DOT shouldn't bother painting the lanes because no one pays attention to it anyway.

Compared to NYC, I like driving in NOLA.
I've driven NYC. It's a lot like driving in Mexico, where horns sub for blinkers - if the drivers bother at all.

The worst tailgating on highways I've found was in the DC area. Truckers in NE Penn (Pocono Mountains area) are frightening as well. Like Broadmoor said, it wasn't congested traffic, and still all I could see was grill. :covermyeyes:

Someone was tailgating me as I was driving up to Nashville this weekend. The guy kept flashing his brights even though there was plenty of traffic around and nowhere for me to go. I gave him the old brake check and he turned on his police lights. It was dark and I couldn't tell he was driving a cop car. I would give my vote to Atlanta for worst tailgating. It equals New Orleans in stupidity, but occurs at 90 mph.

Oops. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the coffee I've tossed out the window made into the tailgating drivers' windows, but that was not my intention. I just wanted the tailgating to cost them something - like a car wash.

I've driven NYC. It's a lot like driving in Mexico, where horns sub for blinkers - if the drivers bother at all.

The worst tailgating on highways I've found was in the DC area. Truckers in NE Penn (Pocono Mountains area) are frightening as well. Like Broadmoor said, it wasn't congested traffic, and still all I could see was grill. :covermyeyes:

YYR! For most of the country, Spanish is concidered a second language. Not here. The second language is the horn. No one knows what a blinker is or it's inteneded use.

Jackson, MS is the only place I've been that competes with NOLA for bad driving. I think part of the problem in Jackson is that the majority of the cars on the road are complete junk.

I have driven both places frequently and Jackson has easily the worst drivers. The traffic in NOLA is always heavy as opposed to Jackson when it is only heavy at certain times of the day so NOLA gets the nod for worst traffic between the two but no place in the US can compete with the junker cars and the ignorant drivers in Jackson, Ms.

The best drivers in the country seem to be located in Oklahoma and parts of Texas.

Watchout for these tailgate drivers.

Attachments

• tailgate.JPG
    tailgate.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom