The tailgate driving in the New Orleans area is an epidemic. (2 Viewers)

Broadmoor74

Yeah you rite
Reaction score
Louisiana...the greatest 3rd world country in the
The tailgate driving in the New Orleans area is the worst i've ever seen in any city, and i've been to many. When growing up there, I guess I just didn't notice it. But having moved away for a number of years and then moving back, it is rediculous. Coming into town last night from Baton Rouge, as soon as we got into Kenner, there were cars on our bumper (probably Antipop :hihi: ). Now i'm a guy who drives 5-7 mph over the speed limit and I only use the left lane for passing, but it's like punks just WANT to **** you off by getting on your ***. Usually, when someone is tailgating me, I get on the brakes until they pass. That doesn't work here. They just stay on you.

Then, driving back out of town this morning...same thing.

Anyone else notice the unsafe driving here? :shrug:

dude don't let me catch you driving that slow out here in socal, I'll show ya what bump draftin is all about.:D

I usually "test" their brakes. Meaning I'll slam on my brakes and make them back up. I do this at night a lot especially if their headlights are in my mirrors and everything. I'm sure one day I'll get in a wreck but oh well.

I hit my windshield washer fluid and hope that some of it "drafts" over my car onto their windshield. Usually they hit their wipers and then back off. If not, I do it again.

as soon as we got into Kenner, there were cars on our bumper (probably Antipop :hihi: ).

so your the jerk who wouldn't get out of my way??

:hihi:

it's pretty bad on i-10.....i don't have to use it much though.....i get to deal with the 6 people who run the red lights at every intersection in metry

I hit my windshield washer fluid and hope that some of it "drafts" over my car onto their windshield. Usually they hit their wipers and then back off. If not, I do it again.
It never occurred to me to use clear liquids. I toss whatever leftover coffee or soda I have in the vehicle out the window. That usually takes care of it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253258,00.html

STAFFORD, Va. — A woman convicted of a felony for throwing a cup of ice into a car that cut her off in traffic was sentenced to probation instead of prison, a judge ruled Wednesday.

Jessica Hall faced between two and five years in prison after she was convicted last month of maliciously throwing a missile — the cup of ice — into an occupied vehicle. No one was injured in the incident last summer.

2007_0919_traffic(2).jpg

Last edited:
I used to carry quarters in my jacket pocket when I was on my bike. Never cost me more than 75 cents to get rid of a tail.

This only works if you can hold the quarter in front of your chest and flick it straight up with your thumb. Otherwise its obvious you are throwing stuff and you have to reach for the hogleg then.

Of all the places I've driven in throughout the nation and even driving in various other countries, New Orleans by far is one of the worst as far as people just not knowing how to follow the simple rules of driving. The fact that the metro area has yet to figure out the Causeway/Interstate exit after this long, is beyond me. The same thing goes for redlights and blocking intersections. How hard is it to understand that if you pull up and block the intersection right as the red light changes, that you're going to screw up traffic for about 50 other people? And no, you DO NOT need to fly all the way up to the exit, bypassing the 100 other cars waiting to get off, and then try to merge in with them at the front.

Last edited:
Jackson, MS is the only place I've been that competes with NOLA for bad driving. I think part of the problem in Jackson is that the majority of the cars on the road are complete junk.

Any of y'all try driving in NYC? I've done NOLA and NYC and NYC is by far the WORST IMO. It's one thing to question where/how they got their licence, but you also have to question if they understand the street signs due to language barriers because they don't bother to learn english. The DOT shouldn't bother painting the lanes because no one pays attention to it anyway.

Compared to NYC, I like driving in NOLA.

Yeah, the tailgating is pretty bad down there, but I rank Dallas above New Orleans still. Dallas has some terrible drivers.

the traffic just has gotten worse around here since the storm. I10 is just very crowded.

Actually, the situations I was talking about was when there was not much traffic at all on I-10. It was clearly tailgating for the sake of tailgating. And the tailgating i'm referring to is when you can barely see the other car's headlights in the rearview mirror.

I don't hit the brakes, I just take my foot off the gas and slow down until they go around. I did this on I-59 one time and seriously got down to 20 mph before the gal went around me. And this was in very light traffic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom