The talking heads are jumping on the eagles (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

Mmmm...Super Bowl
Reaction score
This is why you don't listen to them. If they bother you that bad, just turn the TV off.

I'm looking around analytic blogs and I don't see many people picking the Eagles at all. if anything, most of the bets are on if they'll make it a close game or not.
I think some fans just gotta have their "No respect" motivation lol. If it's not "No respect" it's "No one is talking about us enough" and when we finally do get talked about a lot it reverts back to "No respect when they're talking about us" lol.

VikesFan2017

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How would they fill hours and hours of TV and radio segments if the analysis was:

"Eagles and Saints, your thoughts?
Oh, Saints win.
Yeh, I pick the Saints.
I pick the Saints too. Drew Brees.
Oh, so we all agree.
Yep. We all agree. Defense playing well. Eagles don't have a shot.
Yep. They have to show up, but the Eagles can't win at the Super Dome.
Yep. We agree. Drew Brees, Super Dome, Kamara, Cam Jordan, Super Dome, Loud Crowd."

Okay, next game...

dvdman

All-Pro
Reaction score
Hmmmm much better at WR....I don’t know about dat. Anyway if they were so so good why did it take a FG miss to win last Sunday? Don’t drink the media Koolaid about the Eagles.

Especially considering they are better at receiver and Tight End (Much better at TE). We are better at RB and QB. OL is about even.

dvdman

All-Pro
Reaction score
Please do your homework, you do recall Ted Ginn Jr. is back? Anyway how anyone can say the Eagles have any advantage Sunday is incomprehensible.

Correct. But they'll double team M.T. Thus, it forces our inferior receivers to step up. Without a healthy Armstead, that will be very difficult.

I could see more experts changing their picks to Philly now. They just have an advantage in too many areas.

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
You disregard anything MJD ever says. He works for the rams so he has rooted against us all year. Wilbon is who I want to shut up. He has been saying for a week that the eagles bears winner was going to the super Bowl.

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You disregard anything MJD ever says. He works for the rams so he has rooted against us all year. Wilbon is who I want to shut up. He has been saying for a week that the eagles bears winner was going to the super Bowl.
That guys is flat out a Saints hater. MJD. I don't watch him. Awful as a reporter.

VikesFan2017

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mike Florio (Saints supporter) picks the Eagles 20-17
I wonder how accurate he is. He's a so called Vikings fan but picks against the Vikings fairly often and also repeatedly predicts our head coach might step down (last two seasons he's been wrong on that one).

Humperdoo

New Orleans Saints 2018 NFC Champs.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I wonder how accurate he is. He's a so called Vikings fan but picks against the Vikings fairly often and also repeatedly predicts our head coach might step down (last two seasons he's been wrong on that one).
We may lose, any given Sunday, but 20 won’t do it in our house. Imo.

MJ in Calif

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Correct. But they'll double team M.T. Thus, it forces our inferior receivers to step up. Without a healthy Armstead, that will be very difficult.

I could see more experts changing their picks to Philly now. They just have an advantage in too many areas.
Armstead was out when the Saints beat them 48-7. The OL began to really struggle after the other positions began to get injured. All of them are practicing now but given the team's policy on how they report injuries, we have no idea what limited practice means and how much the OL has healed up or not. And that is by design I'm sure. I would assume the bye week has given them more rest so we should see a near full unit so....

Inferior receivers? Ted Ginn returning is going to help that unit immensely. I also expect TQS to be helped as well with Ginn's return. Philly's secondary is full of UDFAs, rookies due to all of the injuries they suffered. Brees will exploit that till the cows come home.

In the end, this is the best matchup in the divisional round the Saints could have hoped for. Otherwise, they would be facing Dallas and then we would have this hand-wringing over that. If the Saints take care of the ball, they got this period.

Dark

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
MJD is obsessed with the Rams. He always picks them. Me thinks he has a man crush on Gurley.

Humperdoo

New Orleans Saints 2018 NFC Champs.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Armstead was out when the Saints beat them 48-7. The OL began to really struggle after the other positions began to get injured. All of them are practicing now but given the team's policy on how they report injuries, we have no idea what limited practice means and how much the OL has healed up or not. And that is by design I'm sure. I would assume the bye week has given them more rest so we should see a near full unit so....

Inferior receivers? Ted Ginn returning is going to help that unit immensely. I also expect TQS to be helped as well with Ginn's return. Philly's secondary is full of UDFAs, rookies due to all of the injuries they suffered. Brees will exploit that till the cows come home.

In the end, this is the best matchup in the divisional round the Saints could have hoped for. Otherwise, they would be facing Dallas and then we would have this hand-wringing over that. If the Saints take care of the ball, they got this period.
Yep.
And on the TQS note, he had his best game of the year against Philly.
Hoping he duplicates that performance Sunday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Twitter

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom