The talking heads are jumping on the eagles (1 Viewer)

dvdman

All-Pro
Reaction score
On the Philly sports radio station they are currently polling listeners if their life depended on it who would they pick this Sunday to win.....,Saints are winning the poll.

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how accurate he is. He's a so called Vikings fan but picks against the Vikings fairly often and also repeatedly predicts our head coach might step down (last two seasons he's been wrong on that one).
He was 3-1 last week and picked 2 upsets. I'm convinced these "experts" don't know more than anybody else. Sometimes they just happen to be right.

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On the Sirius NFL program that was on during the noon hour yesterday, both hosts picked the Saints, and one of the two picked Dallas There might be two hundred media people nation-wide making picks and surely some will pick Philadelphia. I really don't care.

Jeff Miller

Shaw 1988, NYIT 2009
Reaction score
It all about ratings, they have to up talk the Eagles so they can maximize advertising rates on Sunday, if the perception was the Eagles were going to get blown out, the audience for the game would drop 20%.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Numbers are pretty equal on both sides. Right now about 55/45 vs the spread. Number has stayed steady at 8.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/public-betting
According to the guy on Golic and Wingo this morning, that number is closer because of the casual bettors. Those "in the know" are taking the Eagles and the points. At least, that's his assertion. The guy (I'll admit, I don't know his name) is the same one who appears on Sportstalk down here.

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
According to the guy on Golic and Wingo this morning, that number is closer because of the casual bettors. Those "in the know" are taking the Eagles and the points. At least, that's his assertion. The guy (I'll admit, I don't know his name) is the same one who appears on Sportstalk down here.
Ah ok gotcha.

Yeah, and that makes sense strictly from a numbers perspective (which is what a lot of wise guys look at). Favorites are 1-13-1 vs the spread in the last 15 playoff game per RJ Bell and 8 is an enticing number for sharps.

SaintLuke

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So far I know MJD, Bucky Brooks, and Mike Florio have picked the Eagles.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, let me get this correct. Philadelphia is coming into the Dome, to play the best team in the NFL which has only really lost one game barely to a playoff team at their home. We are top 5 defense and easily top 3 offense when needing it to be. We have had to beat almost every playoff team in the NFC and beat them, along with decent AFC teams. Saints have 2 weeks of rest, and probably a healthy offensive line. Why are people excited about Philly? We are not like the Bears who wipes the floor and got fat off the bottom feeders of the nfl.

Kicks

All-Pro
Reaction score
Where did you get the notion that the O-line is healthy? Maybe your definition of healthy and mine are drastically different. I see an O-line that is bandaged up and trying to limp through the playoffs as best as they can. Please divulge any and all information that changes my mind!
Purely speculative , of course. But looks like I was right anyway. And here is me divulging any and all I need to at this time.
Will this change your mind?
DwqI0IUU8AEJCRc.jpg

simon templar

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All four on the panel of ESPN ‘s Get Up morning show this morning, including Greenie, picked the Saints. I don’t watch all the talking head shows, but of the ones I’ve seen, the great majority of the “experts “ picked the Saints. It means nothing. All this self victimization in this thread is pathetic and embarrassing. “Some people are picking against us. Boo freaking Hoo.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Twitter

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom