The talking heads are jumping on the eagles (1 Viewer)

Correct. But they'll double team M.T. Thus, it forces our inferior receivers to step up. Without a healthy Armstead, that will be very difficult.

I could see more experts changing their picks to Philly now. They just have an advantage in too many areas.

Armstead was out when the Saints beat them 48-7. The OL began to really struggle after the other positions began to get injured. All of them are practicing now but given the team's policy on how they report injuries, we have no idea what limited practice means and how much the OL has healed up or not. And that is by design I'm sure. I would assume the bye week has given them more rest so we should see a near full unit so....

Inferior receivers? Ted Ginn returning is going to help that unit immensely. I also expect TQS to be helped as well with Ginn's return. Philly's secondary is full of UDFAs, rookies due to all of the injuries they suffered. Brees will exploit that till the cows come home.

In the end, this is the best matchup in the divisional round the Saints could have hoped for. Otherwise, they would be facing Dallas and then we would have this hand-wringing over that. If the Saints take care of the ball, they got this period.

MJD is obsessed with the Rams. He always picks them. Me thinks he has a man crush on Gurley.

Armstead was out when the Saints beat them 48-7. The OL began to really struggle after the other positions began to get injured. All of them are practicing now but given the team's policy on how they report injuries, we have no idea what limited practice means and how much the OL has healed up or not. And that is by design I'm sure. I would assume the bye week has given them more rest so we should see a near full unit so....

Inferior receivers? Ted Ginn returning is going to help that unit immensely. I also expect TQS to be helped as well with Ginn's return. Philly's secondary is full of UDFAs, rookies due to all of the injuries they suffered. Brees will exploit that till the cows come home.

In the end, this is the best matchup in the divisional round the Saints could have hoped for. Otherwise, they would be facing Dallas and then we would have this hand-wringing over that. If the Saints take care of the ball, they got this period.

Yep.
And on the TQS note, he had his best game of the year against Philly.
Hoping he duplicates that performance Sunday.

On the Philly sports radio station they are currently polling listeners if their life depended on it who would they pick this Sunday to win.....,Saints are winning the poll.

I wonder how accurate he is. He's a so called Vikings fan but picks against the Vikings fairly often and also repeatedly predicts our head coach might step down (last two seasons he's been wrong on that one).
He was 3-1 last week and picked 2 upsets. I'm convinced these "experts" don't know more than anybody else. Sometimes they just happen to be right.

On the Sirius NFL program that was on during the noon hour yesterday, both hosts picked the Saints, and one of the two picked Dallas There might be two hundred media people nation-wide making picks and surely some will pick Philadelphia. I really don't care.

It all about ratings, they have to up talk the Eagles so they can maximize advertising rates on Sunday, if the perception was the Eagles were going to get blown out, the audience for the game would drop 20%.

Numbers are pretty equal on both sides. Right now about 55/45 vs the spread. Number has stayed steady at 8.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/public-betting

According to the guy on Golic and Wingo this morning, that number is closer because of the casual bettors. Those "in the know" are taking the Eagles and the points. At least, that's his assertion. The guy (I'll admit, I don't know his name) is the same one who appears on Sportstalk down here.

According to the guy on Golic and Wingo this morning, that number is closer because of the casual bettors. Those "in the know" are taking the Eagles and the points. At least, that's his assertion. The guy (I'll admit, I don't know his name) is the same one who appears on Sportstalk down here.

Ah ok gotcha.

Yeah, and that makes sense strictly from a numbers perspective (which is what a lot of wise guys look at). Favorites are 1-13-1 vs the spread in the last 15 playoff game per RJ Bell and 8 is an enticing number for sharps.

So far I know MJD, Bucky Brooks, and Mike Florio have picked the Eagles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom