The Taysom Hill Era (not my words) (3 Viewers)

I think we're all in for a surprise, one way or another. The whole backup/future QB situation has left me confused.. The hype of Taysom, but playing him at so many different positions and special teams. Signing Bridgewater on a one-year rental. Brees probably coming back and Bridgewater probably leaving. It all makes for very interesting conversation and several potential scenarios. Payton has repeatedly stated that the future QB is in the building, and I do believe he said that before Bridgewater was signed. Was he serious, or was he just building confidence?

My thoughts. I think Payton is dead serious when he mentions Taysom's potential. We poached him from Green Bay's practice squad when they weren't specifically watching tape to find a QB. He's had 3 very good years of preseason play. We've seen him make some big-time throws during the regular season, win his share of QB challenges, and of course we know what he can do with his legs. I believe Payton would be comfortable with Hill as the QB if he is the best man for the job when the time comes. I don't believe it will come without competition, though. I think he's basically a very valuable player for us, who may prove to be good enough to man the full-time role of QB, but that part is yet to be determined.

Because it's been talked about to death and you clearly have no interest in the Saints apart from that one player.

Every day there are new videos, commentators, interviews and articles. The Saints QB situation is THE topic of the day. But seriously who appointed you to dictate what other fans are allowed to talk about. Ignore me and Tayson if it bothers you so much. No one is making you read these threads.

Every day there are new videos, commentators, interviews and articles. The Saints QB situation is THE topic of the day. But seriously who appointed you to dictate what other fans are allowed to talk about. Ignore me and Tayson if it bothers you so much. No one is making you read these threads.

No one. But perhaps you can keep adding to the thread you've already started today rather than a new one every time a thought about Taysom Hill pops into your head.

When people discuss Taysom Hill I feel like they forget that he’s 30 years old. He’s two years OLDER than Teddy Bridgewater. Not to argue for or against him as a long term plan for the QB position, I just see it as worth mentioning. By no means would he be a young starting QB. He’d be older than half the league’s starting QBs if he were to take the job.

When people discuss Taysom Hill I feel like they forget that he’s 30 years old. He’s two years OLDER than Teddy Bridgewater. Not to argue for or against him as a long term plan for the QB position, I just see it as worth mentioning. By no means would he be a young starting QB. He’d be older than half the league’s starting QBs if he were to take the job.

Give me the best man for the job, whether he’s 20, 30, or 40, as Brees currently is that man. I don’t think Taysom’s age matters so much as he had a really late start. QBs are easily playing to their 40s these days. If he somehow gives us good QB play for a decade, I don’t think anyone will complain about age. Of course, this is all hypothetical.

No one. But perhaps you can keep adding to the thread you've already started today rather than a new one every time a thought about Taysom Hill pops into your head.

Really? Pops into my head? I think I have only started 6 threads and that includes the two today. I'm hardly swamping the forum...

Threads are a way to organize things. The other thread was highly negative commentaries this thread is the polar opposite with a rather over the top positive article. Different directions different threads. Again why is this an issue. Follow the threads you like and ignore or skim the ones that don't interest you. But to argue Taysom is not the topic du jour is plain wrong.

Last edited:

30 yes but about the same accrued body time. Why do Teddy fans gloss over the fact that his knees are one low blind side from ending his career.

All of this is stupid. During regular season the Saints were dismissed. Now the spotlight is on them about the three QBs from last season. Meanwhile Drew is at home soaking this up.

1. The Taysom Hill Era

The NFL offseason is here, and this year's may feature the most substantial activity at the quarterback position that we've ever seen. This week's 10-Point Stance will look at many of the names who figure to be involved, but any conversation about this offseason's QBs must begin with the one name you need to pay special attention to, and that's the Saints' Taysom Hill.

Some of you know how good Hill is; some of you do not. If you're looking for the next star quarterback in the league, Hill is an excellent candidate.

And if he stays in New Orleans and continues to work with head coach Sean Payton, one of the smartest people in the sport, he could even ascend into the Patrick Mahomes-Lamar Jackson stratosphere.

Yeah, I said it. He's that good.

1581553625457.png

How obsessed are you geezus

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom