The Taysom Hill Era (not my words) (1 Viewer)

30 yes but about the same accrued body time. Why do Teddy fans gloss over the fact that his knees are one low blind side from ending his career.

“Accrued body time”?? So even though he’s two years older they’ve lived in their bodies equal time? I knew Mormons had some unconventional beliefs but woah...

I’m not defending Teddy, and I’d prefer they go elsewhere for their future starting QB, but pointing out Teddy’s gruesome injury while ignoring the fact that Hill suffered season ending injuries in all 4 years of college when he was asked to play a full time role is pretty biased, don’t you think?

“Accrued body time”?? So even though he’s two years older they’ve lived in their bodies equal time? I knew Mormons had some unconventional beliefs but woah...

I’m not defending Teddy, and I’d prefer they go elsewhere for their future starting QB, but pointing out Teddy’s gruesome injury while ignoring the fact that Hill suffered season ending injuries in all 4 years of college when he was asked to play a full time role is pretty biased, don’t you think?

No I don't. I have not ignore his injury history except to point out that he seems to be durable taking hits and tackling now. I have no Idea why you brought his religion into this. My only point is that they have about the same number of accumulated playing years and that two years is a pretty meaning less difference since both have had their issues with injuries.

Why do big issue with age? He plays qb, not rb. He's started in one of the interview, be knows if he is playing starting qb. He can't play like does now. Will have to protect his body. We didn't get be till his 30.

Except 99.9% of NFL players have not already suffered a season ending Non Contact knee injury.

And that doesn't negate the FACT that this could be said about 99.9% of the NFL. One could actually argue that Hill has a higher probability of being injured since he tends to be a run first physical type of player.

This is getting ridiculous . I think he will be decent but Lamar Jackson and Mahomes level come on let’s pump the brakes

I dont disagree that it's possible.

Especially when you look at the type of impact he can have while running the ball. Then you look at him passing the ball and I would say he is better passer then lamar Jackson right now. Some people may disagree, but that's just my opinion. Nobody will truly know until he starts an NFL game at qb

It's possible he can develop into a stud of a qb.

Look I trust Sean Payton, and he says he is a franchise qb.

Taysom hasn't done anything that makes me think that Sean Payton is wrong.

So we will see when the time comes.

I know this, Taysom is a special football player, and one of the best players on the field every time he steps onto it.

I wouldn't doubt him. I see a lot of people doubting him. I wouldn't do that if I was yall. He could make a lot of people look stupid.

I also feel Drew Brees still gives this team their best chance to win.

So here is hoping Drew comes back.

What a lot of people dont realize is if Drew retires, we aren't just losing Drew. We are also losing the Swiss Army knife position that Taysom Hill has been the last couple years.

That's two very impactful positions of our offense that won't be there this year.

Just giving people something to think about.

I want to win a superbowl now, and it seems as if the best way to do that would be with Brees coming back.

All we can do is hope!

Last edited:
And that doesn't negate the FACT that this could be said about 99.9% of the NFL. One could actually argue that Hill has a higher probability of being injured since he tends to be a run first physical type of player.

No argument there. It is just that I hear Taysom's injuries mentioned frequently as a reason he won't be a starter and Teddy's are only mentioned in respect to how awful it was and what a comeback story he is. Taysom's risks are definitely related to his willingness to initiate contact. That can be coached out of him. And as a QB there are few snaps that need that extra yard he always fights for. Plus you know he can do it when the game is on the line.

You have to admit he is slippery. Plays where he seems to be gang tackled and he squirts out the other side and scores or runs for a huge gain.

I dont disagree that it's possible.

Especially when you look at the type of impact he can have while running the ball. Then you look at him passing the ball and I would say he is better passer then lamar Jackson right now. Some people may disagree, but that's just my opinion. Nobody will truly know until he starts an NFL game at qb

It's possible he can develop into a stud of a qb.

Look I trust Sean Payton, and he says he is a franchise qb.

Taysom hasn't done anything that makes me think that Sean Payton is wrong.

So we will see when the time comes.

I know this, Taysom is a special football player, and one of the best players on the field every time he steps onto it.

I wouldn't doubt him. I see a lot of people doubting him. I wouldn't do that if I was yall. He could make a lot of people look stupid.

I also feel Drew Brees still gives this team their best chance to win.

So here is hoping Drew comes back.

What a lot of people dont realize is if Drew retires, we aren't just losing Drew. We are also losing the Swiss Army knife position that Taysom Hill has been the last couple years.

That's two very impactful positions of our offense that won't be there this year.

Just giving people something to think about.

I want to win a superbowl now, and it seems as if the best way to do that would be with Brees coming back.

All we can do is hope!

The real advantage of two very different QB sharing the snaps is that each may line up better against a particular defense. I'd liken it to baseball where pitchers are matched to teams.

Drew can struggle against certain teams or coaches. Maybe a bullpen makes sense and in Taysom's case Bull is apt ...

I'll tell you one thing. If it was to happen and succeed i.e. win a trip to the SB you know other teams will be wondering if they should try it.

Taysom might never be a starter or even a star but he may forever change the game.

To be fair, same goes for Payton lately, LOL.

This whole thing is fascinating to me. WHY is Payton going on this media blitz? Does he really believe all this? Or is he trying to get someone to pony up a number-1 pick?

Free agency can't get here soon enough.

I think its a matter of story...all of the Saints QB's are free agents, the season is over, what are the Saints going to do about their QB position with the possibility of their Franchise QB leaving and of course Payton is going to speak highly of any an all looming free agents for the Saints, so....

I think its a matter of story...all of the Saints QB's are free agents, the season is over, what are the Saints going to do about their QB position with the possibility of their Franchise QB leaving and of course Payton is going to speak highly of any an all looming free agents for the Saints, so....

Agree. And yet the volume of interviews Payton has done and the specific focus on Taysom has been interesting to me.

No argument there. It is just that I hear Taysom's injuries mentioned frequently as a reason he won't be a starter and Teddy's are only mentioned in respect to how awful it was and what a comeback story he is. Taysom's risks are definitely related to his willingness to initiate contact. That can be coached out of him. And as a QB there are few snaps that need that extra yard he always fights for. Plus you know he can do it when the game is on the line.

You have to admit he is slippery. Plays where he seems to be gang tackled and he squirts out the other side and scores or runs for a huge gain.

I agree with most of that. The only thing I'm skeptical of the run first mentality being able to be coached out of Hill. Remember he's about 30 years old and has been playing this way his whole life. In my opinion if Payton decides to go with Hill in the future you let him be who he is and build around that.

The college experience and the way he plays obviously suggests there is a risk if you expect him to play every down as he plays now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom