The team you'd most like to face in the divisional round? (1 Viewer)

Which team would you like the Saints to face on the divisional round?

• Dallas

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Seattle

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 30 44.1%

• Total voters
Seattle.
Would say Philly but I don’t think they have a prayer of going into Chicago and winning.
I want no part of Dallas. Especially if the refs just let em play all handsy like they did in our first meeting.

Seattle.
Would say Philly but I don’t think they have a prayer of going into Chicago and winning.
I want no part of Dallas. Especially if the refs just let em play all handsy like they did in our first meeting.
Then vote Philly.

There is no caveat to the question,.its straight forward.

Dallas. Beat the brakes off of them. If we not capable of beating the dog out of Dallas then we are not who we think we are.

If we draw Dallas we really need our O line healthy. Imo. They are a stout front and a stout defense. Playmakers at every level of that D. Hopefully the revenge factor would have our guys extra motivated and their players wouldn’t be allowed to interfere with our receivers all game long like the first meeting.

With a healthy offensive line, anyone. Missing Armstead or an Armstead who can't play a full game, anyone but Dallas. Missing Armstead or non effective Armstead AND missing Peat, Philly.

Just don’t see Philly as having a real shot against the bears, so I think we want Seattle. They’d have to fly to Dallas, back to Seattle, then back south again to New Orleans. That’s a lot of flight time.

Also - if the cowboys win, expect way more fans to make the trip over from Dallas than either Seattle or Philly. The cost of last minute flights makes last minute travel tougher than a 7 hour drive from Dallas (or shorter from other parts of Texas / Louisiana / whatever rats nest these people live in). I like our homefield advantage to be as strong as possible.

I hate Dallas as much as I hate Atlanta. My SF and Ram hate has died to the level of my CAR and TB hate.

I will always hate Dallas the same as ATL, if not more, because for the last 50 forking years the NFL shoves them down everyone's throat with TV distribution of afternoon games and somehow giving them 8 forking primetime games a year no matter their record.

I especially loathe those born and bread in Acadiana who are sell-out Cowboy fans. I give the fake cajuns yankees from Shreveport area a slight pass on this, but only because their TV stations air cowboy games instead of Saints when they play at same time or when Fox doesnt have double header.

All that said, i fear playing Dallas, because they punched us in the mouth and we didnt adjust. I dont fear Seattle and Philly that same way because i know Payton knows how to attack Philly and if the Cardinals can keep it close, i dont fear Seattle's defense.

I suppose id most prefer Philly, as i trust our defense to aggrevate some ribs even if it costs us a few 15 yarders, but they do have weapons like Sproles and at WR who werent available when we played them, as well as confidence they lacked then.

That said, i think the difference is Sean Payton and that Frank Reich is in Indy.

Against Seahawks, i think Wilson has unflappable moxie and he will pick up some first downs with his feet and complete some schoolyard sandlot passes. But i dont think they can consistently stop Ingram and Kamara. They played Chiefs without Hunt, and Drew is well versed in taking what they are giving.

Philly is who I’d like to play. Dallas & Seattle defenses are both capable of keeping the game close.

dallas is a no brainer. You could score 17 points and beat them. Just like philly did with atlanta last year. They didn't light it up,but still won. They had alot of energy and blew the vikings out the next week. Dallas at home is different than dallas on the road. You can't go hy the first game. If that's the case we would have gotten swepted by tampa bay. Dallas doesn't scare me one bit. I rather play a team that we don't have to score 30 to beat. I like how we match up with them since getting ginn back.

Their number 2 corner back is a weakness and i feel like ginn can have a big game against him. That will open things for thomas. Payton will be ready to gameplan for the rematch.

Dallas is the only team in the nfc playoffs who i feel we could beat by scoring 17.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom