The thing that impresses me about Payton and his staff... (1 Viewer)

KYSaintsFan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
His teams don't lay down like Haz's teams would.

The games we've won against Green Bay, Philly, and the two Tampa games have shown a team that doesn't crumble under adversity and mail it in. They also play intelligent, with poise, and emotion.

Hell even the Baltimore game, which was a Murphy's Law moment most of the game; we kept fighting and cutting into the margin.

It's just a team that you appreciate to watch and support.

The Saints did something today that I have never seen any Saints team do, including the great Dome Patrol teams. And that is shrug off a bad loss and the next week dominate a team that they "should" beat. On the road against a division team, no less. Obviously, they have won games after a bad loss before, but this game was a real statement. This game said "we don't care who's hurt, who's not playing, or what happened last week. We're good, we're the division leader, and we're damn sure better than you!!" That's what winners do. When I think of the great teams of the past, the 49ers, the Cowboys, the Steelers, that's how they responded to a loss. The reason so many of us on this board freaked out after last weeks game is that we've never seen a Saints team that didn't start doubting itself after a bad loss. If the players do, what are the fans supposed to do? I don't know how far this team will go this year, but it really doesn't matter. They've proven to me that they are winners and I'm just going to enjoy watching them, win or lose.

Everything about this coaching staff impresses me. Was there any reason to believe that this offensive line, with new starters at every position, would protect Brees this well? Was there any reason to believe that this defense would play this well? How about the rookies? Did anyone expect Harper, Evans, Colston above all and now Streif to play at this level? The playcalling has been magnificent most of the time. And my goodness, they signed the right free agent quarterback, didn't they? I said it before: Sean Payton may be the next great coach in the NFL.

Before the season started I said the one thing I wanted to see out of this team is a team that won't quit no matter what the score is. I've gotten my wish, plus on top of that we've gone 6-2 in the process.

I think you just nailed it on the head. I am really enjoying watching these games (and with a normal heart beat!?). Reminds me of the golden Dome Patrol days - just different strengths

Did anyone expect Harper, Evans, Colston above all and now Streif to play at this level? The playcalling has been magnificent most of the time. And my goodness, they signed the right free agent quarterback, didn't they? I said it before: Sean Payton may be the next great coach in the NFL.

The biggest thing about the rookies is that Payton and company went into the draft not looking for the fastest people, but the players that could play football. Imagine that....looking for football players.:D

The play calling has been really good. and yes, Brees has been a Saint!!

This may be the first thread that I have ever agreed with every post.

I know exactly what you mean. Not one time yesterday did I want to give up when the bucs started the comeback. I told my wife that I wasn't worried, we would blow them out in the 2nd half. Last week during that awful ravens game, I really felt they could come back. I am not use too feeling this way while watching the Saints. It is a totally new experiance. I LIKE IT!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom