The thing that's starting to worry me about Reggie (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I noticed after a few of his runs where he was caught and dropped in the backfield, he really began to show the pressure that he is obviously carrying as the first draft pick. He is clearly frustrated, and I assume that for the most part he's blaming himself.

How will this affect his future games? Will he press even more to prove his worth as a running back?
Or will he try even harder to apply what the coaches are trying to teach him about the pro game?

He is allowing his natural instincts to take over without success.

I just hope he doesn't get down on himself... or worst yet get down on any of his teammates.

He just needs patience and time to learn the pro technique.

Hang in there Reggie! :ezbill:

ha I dont want him to get discouraged either. After a nice play if he gets tripped up he seems mad at himself. After a 3 yard loss he just has that look... (the one you are talking about). I agree, hang in there!

I've thought along those lines also, we can see he's trying too hard. He needs to let the game come to him instead of trying to take over the game everytime he tries to run. It will happen and when it does look out!!!!!!

well, it's an issue. I think frustration can reduce a players effectiveness. But he's got to get over it.

I was an Aaron Brooks backer. And like all Aaron Brooks backers, I gave off just a ton of psycho-babble about protecting the QBs "state of mind" and keeping "pressure off him" and helping him "feel secure"

Whatever

What i've seen from Drew Brees has shown me the light.

Good football players suck it up and get over it.

Bush will or he won't handle the pressure. That's not the Saints problem. I think he will. He's competitive, not weak. I think the frustration will increase his effort, not damage his decision making. But either way, it changes nothing for us. He has to deal with it just like he has to deal with linebackers.

Good football players suck it up and get over it.

Bush will or he won't handle the pressure. That's not the Saints problem. I think he will. He's competitive, not weak. I think the frustration will increase his effort, not damage his decision making. But either way, it changes nothing for us. He has to deal with it just like he has to deal with linebackers.

Great points!

And I sure hope he stays mentally 'in the game'.

Even without the big numbers, he IS having an affect on opposing defenses!

I think it's just a matter of time! :scratch:

He's a rookie. I expect him to be a great player once he figures out the NFL, and he will.

Great points!

And I sure hope he stays mentally 'in the game'.

Even without the big numbers, he IS having an affect on opposing defenses!

I think it's just a matter of time! :scratch:

He's gotta start listening to the coaches and just take what is there. The rest will come.

He's clearly pressing too much. As soon as he sees to opponents Jersey he's pulling up to juke or move sideways to the corner. hhe's got to go North-South. If he gets through the hole then he can start prancing towards daylight.

Otherwise take the 2-3 yards.

He has great instincts in the open field but he's likely never had to "find" his holes like he has to now. He missed 2-3 holes where he went wide instead of cutting back inside where the opening was. He starts out too faston the play. It's like looking for an exit ramp going 100.

Reggie has done too much for our franchise to impatient with him. It wil come in time.

He's got to stop pressing and being in such a hurry.

He's actually saving us money. Bush gravitates defenses away from Brees, Colston and Deuce and gives breathing room to our entire offense.

Instead of paying 4 offensive linemen Pro-bowl money we only have to pay one guy and we get the same or superior results. Bush is awesome.

Its kinda weird that When Bush gets the carry the D is always always always in the backfield wrapping him up at the point of the handoff.

If someone has some tape from this year it'd be cool if you could look at it and see what in the world is going on with that.

Thats pretty much how his whole season has gone, he IS the golden boy of the NFL and the whole city of New Orleans is counting on him and Media has been pumping him up since his Sophomore year, then to come to the league and not do good, has to be killing him, specially with other rookie runners doing well, so he is pressing, he gets a certain amount of carries a game and he is trying to make the most out of them instead of just running the play...he has alot of pressure on him.

Bush will end up living to his potential but:

a) he has to realize he won't break one every week, let alone every game

a1) this means taking 2 and 3 yard gains, rather than bouncing around for a 3 yard loss.

He obviously can make people miss, he just needs to realize that this isn't college.

Maybe a new running-back coach that can deal with Reggie would be helpful?

He's clearly pressing too much. As soon as he sees to opponents Jersey he's pulling up to juke or move sideways to the corner. hhe's got to go North-South. If he gets through the hole then he can start prancing towards daylight.

I noticed that too.

On on particular run, he stopped in his tracks, jumped backwards one yard, and then spent the next half second juking left and right before finally being grabbed and hauled to the ground.

All this happened before the blocking assignments could develop.

I guess it doesn't help that the defense doesn't see a big red "S" on his chest, but rather a BIG red bullseye!

:eek:

Its kinda weird that When Bush gets the carry the D is always always always in the backfield wrapping him up at the point of the handoff.

If someone has some tape from this year it'd be cool if you could look at it and see what in the world is going on with that.

different types of runs requiring different blocking styles. Our o-line is ideal for Deuce, not so much Bush

I think bringing in a consultant from Detroit offense in Sanders days could help either tweak design of offensive plays and blocking or coach Reggie differently on how to work with his skills. Reggie should maybe seek out and pay for such help himself. I also think with plays in space being his major talent, he could be even more dangerous if they'd start letting him return kickoffs... There's much more of a chance to start your speed going with a kickoff return without the defense waiting to post you after you've caught that pop fly(punt return). With his speed, he's a yard or futher more per return upfield than most would be...when the kickoff coverage finally gets to him. Would be damn fun to watch too. Just my 2 cents....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom