The Time Bandits Who Changed Football (1 Viewer)

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score
Tom Brady and Drew Brees first met in a dull Big Ten game in October 1999. Purdue played so poorly—Boilermaker receivers dropped more than 10 passes—that coach Joe Tiller said he was going to seek out Purdue’s baseball coach. “Then I’m going to borrow a bat and whack them between the eyes.” The New York Times noted that the game marked a failure to launch Brees’s Heisman Trophy campaign. Brady’s most notable accomplishment in Michigan’s win was, once again, keeping his Wolverines quarterback rival, Drew Henson, on the bench for all but three passes. No one could feel the ground shifting below their feet. No one much cared about the game at all. Except Tiller, evidently.

Tom Brady and Drew Brees first met in a dull Big Ten game in October 1999. Purdue played so poorly—Boilermaker receivers dropped more than 10 passes—that coach Joe Tiller said he was going to seek out Purdue’s baseball coach. “Then I’m going to borrow a bat and whack them between the eyes.” The New York Times noted that the game marked a failure to launch Brees’s Heisman Trophy campaign. Brady’s most notable accomplishment in Michigan’s win was, once again, keeping his Wolverines quarterback rival, Drew Henson, on the bench for all but three passes. No one could feel the ground shifting below their feet. No one much cared about the game at all. Except Tiller, evidently.

Win or lose either way its bittersweet that this could be the final matchup between these two great quarterbacks.

Maybe they could compete in a fishing tournament in their retirement or a poker tournament.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom