The Top Ten CB List (2 Viewers)

The only list MM is making for some time is the PUP. Most people on here assume that this list is 'as of right now' and not 'last year'.

You can argue about 2-10 all you guys want, but for those of you who put anyone in front of Champ Bailey, YOU'RE WRONG! In an interview a couple of years ago (I think it was on FOX Pregame but I couldn't find it), he said that he sometimes plays softer to bait the QB to throw his way so that he can have a chance at a pick. Now that is amazing. The reason I believe it is because I've played against guys that are a lot worse than me and I've done that before. But for me it's a pick up game with kids on the block. This man is baiting NFL QBs to throw to "open" NFL WRs. Unbelievable.

You can argue about 2-10 all you guys want, but for those of you who put anyone in front of Champ Bailey, YOU'RE WRONG! In an interview a couple of years ago (I think it was on FOX Pregame but I couldn't find it), he said that he sometimes plays softer to bait the QB to throw his way so that he can have a chance at a pick. Now that is amazing. The reason I believe it is because I've played against guys that are a lot worse than me and I've done that before. But for me it's a pick up game with kids on the block. This man is baiting NFL QBs to throw to "open" NFL WRs. Unbelievable.

Ronde Barber did it to Aaron Brooks.

:covri:

Is that why he got beaten by Dallas Clark in man coverage? Bailey's slip in performance from 06-07 season to 07-08 was huge, arguably the biggest slip of anyone in the league with Julius Peppers but his reputation is still 100% in tact

Al Harris should not be on that list. He was burned as much as JD the last part of the season and playoffs.

Bailey is with out a doubt the best CB in the league. He may start to age and have some problems in the next few years, but he is big time talent. I live in DC and the entire region groaned in unison when he left. Oh and BTW, in 2006 I saw it said in a few respectable news organizations that he had like 10 completions against him ALL YEAR. (or something ridiculous like that) If I remember correctly he also had intercepted something like 25% of the balls thrown in his direction. It was CRAZY. (And the Denver line at that time wasn't bad, but wasn't great) In 2007 Denver just fell apart, but it will be interesting to hear what the summary will be about last year.

Also, putting D Hall on that list is laughable. Cromartie is going to continue to climb people's list as long as he keeps playing like he did last year. With only one year to show it, we need to see what happens the next two years. I believe he will just continue to get better, but we will see!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom