The training wheels come off this week for Bridgewater. (1 Viewer)

It is my belief that Sean Payton will the clamps off of Teddy Bridgewater & open the playbook up for him to have more deep options which IMO he will need to use for the Saints to win this upcoming game. Our defense has done a masterful job keeping us in the homefield hunt to this point. But it's time for our offense to pick up the pace & do some damage of its own.

Admittedly its a 50/50 proposition whether the Bucs will be able to put two great games back to back to prove they are a team to be taken seriously in any playoff race. But my money is that Bruce Arians will have them as ready as they've ever been when they come to the Dome Sunday. And if that's the case then Jamis Winston will be out throw to his big targets & get as many mismatches against our guys going deep as he can. Our guys, specifically our offense has to be ready to face this challenge & play a game which could go into the 30s. That means Teddy will have to take advantage of downfield opportunities & Payton will have to open the game plan up for him to do so. There is no overstating how important this game is for the Saints & the amount of separation they can have between them & the rest of the division with a win. If Teddy can connect on just a couple of twenty yard plus passes in this game, it will force Tampa to take men out of the box & allow Kamara &our run offense to take over the game. If we don't, this could be a long day in the dome.
If we get the 2017 Lattimore on Evans then great. If it's the 2018 Lattimore then we have real problems.

Is that what you want to happen? Cuz it comes off that way. I go into every game thinking we're going to win....hell I dream it damn near every Saturday night during football season.

You say we could get Boat Raced by TB, we could also come out and hang 50 on em....let's just table all the Teddy talk until the offseason, in the meantime, let's stand behind the dude because he's ours.

I stand behind him because I don’t have any choice... so far he’s QB’d well enough to allow the team to earn 2 W’s vs good teams. I’m also realistic though, and the Bucs have weapons as good (or better) than any team the Saints have faced so far this season.

Honestly, if we get a lead or it's close and the defense and special teams are playing as well as the have lately, I fully expect more dink and dunk. I really don't expect that much of a change. If it ain't broke...

I am curious to see how Payton approaches the game tho.
Yeah, that drive chewed up a ton of clock and gave the defense a nice breather. I thought that was the drive of the game.

I started a separate thread highlighting the below tweet, but I thought I'd post it again here since it supports your posts @DaveXA:

Rev. Deuce said Armstead (not Ramczyk) had the BEST performance of all on the O-line vs. Cowboys. The worst: Andrus Peat.

I say that in addition to keeping Teddy B. clean, we have to be +1 or better in the turnover margin.

:gosaints:
I can't agree with that. There was a play where Armstead threw a look out block, but by the time he hollered look out, Robert Quinn was eating Teddy's lunch already.

If circumstances warrant it, sure. Let's see how the game goes before we decide what needs to happen. Tampa might be that game, but we won't know that until we see what defense they show.
No, the coaches have to foresee a scenario where TB gets some big plays, because they will. The fact is Tampa is as talented at the skill positions as any team in football. its what's between the ears that has hurt them forever.

I don’t think Teddy can beat Tampa Bay. It takes a healthy Drew Brees to win close games. I will certainly be cheering as loud as I can....but this will be a wake up call for Teddy.

No, the coaches have to foresee a scenario where TB gets some big plays, because they will. The fact is Tampa is as talented at the skill positions as any team in football. its what's between the ears that has hurt them forever.

I guess we'll find out Sunday. :9:

I started a separate thread highlighting the below tweet, but I thought I'd post it again here since it supports your posts @DaveXA:

I would have thought they were in the top half because, in spite of the penalties, they've had very few 3 and outs that I can remember. Being 3rd in the league in this category is surprising to me though, in a good way. I think Teddy is doing better than he's given credit for.

Without a doubt he's a waste...Hated the pick when we drafted him...a FA pickup could've done what he's done without burning a 13th Pick in the 1st
Peat has looked out of sorts that last couple of seasons. I'd say he hasn't lived up to his high draft position, but he wasn't a bust like many 1st rounders are. In his defense, his ability to move to left tackle has salvaged a lot of games for us since we drafted him. We tend to overlook that. Hopefully, we won't have to rely on that again this season.

After this season, he's probably gone.

It doesn't look so open when I view the video:

As soon as the QB knows the slot defender is following the TE in the flat, the slant is going to be open for a moment. It’s just an example - he misses plays down the field a lot.

I’m hoping they do a lot of film work and he improves. But it’s not simply that the training wheels are on and he’s throwing short all the time by design. I think that’s where he’s going because those are the reads he’s most comfortable with.

As soon as the QB knows the slot defender is following the TE in the flat, the slant is going to be open for a moment. It’s just an example - he misses plays down the field a lot.

I’m hoping they do a lot of film work and he improves. But it’s not simply that the training wheels are on and he’s throwing short all the time by design. I think that’s where he’s going because those are the reads he’s most comfortable with.

I agree with this. Thomas has been his safety blanket, which isn't all bad. He was 9 out of 9 when targeting MT, so it's easy to see why he's been hesitant to take these shots down the field. I'm just wondering how high his comfort level is with the other receivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom