The training wheels come off this week for Bridgewater. (2 Viewers)

I can say with good confidence that the Panthers give better inside blocking to CMac than the Saints to Kamara.

That wouldn't surprise me. But it is surprising considering the Saints OL was expected to be one of the best in the league.

got news for ya, the training wheels already came off last week

what you see is what you get, but payton did say he was going to have to simplify the play book more to suit teddys ability as he was making the mistake of trying to get teddy to run the same plays he used for brees and realized that was more then teddy could handle.

so payton was essentially saying he needed to put the training wheels on to help teddy be more productive and have a less complicated offense to try to run

that should do both in getting less penalties and getting receivers more open for passes

You sir are absolutely right. Jesus, I feel like I’m in the twilight zone with all these people thinking some how everyone else is holding Bridgewater back.

You sir are absolutely right. Jesus, I feel like I’m in the twilight zone with all these people thinking some how everyone else is holding Bridgewater back.

Not everyone is holding him back, but how he plays has to be given context. And football is a complex game with a ton of moving parts. What we perceive as happening isn't always necessarily what's happening. It's why players, coaches and experts break down film, to get a more full picture up what's happening during the game.

It's clear to most people that TB has been coached to protect the football and attempt reasonably safe passes, and Teddy seems to be doing well enough for the most part. He's made a few mistakes, which in some cases were in response to a breakdown in blocking assignments or players dropping passes. It's a team game and everyone is accountable.

Teddy is not going to throw the ball downfield. No need to. He's got 6 main weapons in Kamara, Thomas, Murray's straight-ahead running, Cook, his own legs running, and a package for Deonte Harris. Move the chains, chew clock, keep the Bucs offense off the field.

One thing is for sure...we need to score offensive touchdowns this week.

Field goals only will get us the L.

People said the exact same thing last week, and throughout the gameday thread. How'd that turn out? :scratch:

We should all know by now that nothing is a sure thing in the NFL.

In order for this to happen, our O-Line will have to have a much better game than they had against Dallas.
Well, let’s give credit where it’s due. Dallas has one of the best OL in the game, the Bucs not so much. I believe Bridgewater will have a better game this time around.

My point is that you can't rely on just scoring field goals and expect to win on a consistent basis.

I agree. Let's give the offense a few more weeks with Teddy before getting too worried about the lack of TDs. Just a thought.

Those holding calls were killers!

We'd have a nice gain and back we'd go 10 yards. It's happening way too much early on.

The one that really bugged me was the illegal block in the back, which I thought was a bogus penalty. Thomas hit the lb on his side, not back. I think we score a td in that spot without the penalty. Aggravating.

I am one of those that would love to see what Taysom Hill could do back there, but TB is getting some unfair criticism
The line hasnt exactly held up well. This is supposed to be one of the top lines in football and that hasnt shown so far
Cook has been a non factor....one could even say a liability since blocking isnt a strength for him
And other than CBM, how are the routes by the wide receivers out there?
Between all that and the penalties, it hasnt been a situation where a backup could really feel confident and comfortable

I am one of those that would love to see what Taysom Hill could do back there, but TB is getting some unfair criticism
The line hasnt exactly held up well. This is supposed to be one of the top lines in football and that hasnt shown so far
Cook has been a non factor....one could even say a liability since blocking isnt a strength for him
And other than CBM, how are the routes by the wide receivers out there?
Between all that and the penalties, it hasnt been a situation where a backup could really feel confident and comfortable

I know CGM, but...who's CBM? Can't beat Mike? :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom