The training wheels come off this week for Bridgewater. (1 Viewer)

What worked well in the Dallas game was Payton's method of getting good yardage on first down on that 9+ minute drive. We minimized 3rd and long situations.:

1st & 10 at NO 25
(7:47 - 3rd) A.Kamara left end pushed ob at NO 34 for 9 yards (X.Woods; B.Jones).
2nd & 1 at NO 34
(7:07 - 3rd) A.Kamara left tackle to NO 34 for no gain (L.Vander Esch).
3rd & 1 at NO 34
(6:29 - 3rd) L.Murray right guard to NO 35 for 1 yard (X.Woods).
1st & 10 at NO 35
(5:47 - 3rd) P.Omameh reported in as eligible. T.Bridgewater pass short right to M.Thomas ran ob at NO 43 for 8 yards (S.Lee). Flea-flicker: Bridgewater handed off to Murray, who lateralled back, and Bridgewater threw to Thomas. Pass 8, YAC 0
2nd & 2 at NO 43
(5:14 - 3rd) A.Kamara right end to 50 for 7 yards (L.Vander Esch).
1st & 10 at 50
(4:34 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass short right to J.Cook to DAL 41 for 9 yards (C.Awuzie). Pass 9, YAC 0
2nd & 1 at DAL 41
(3:53 - 3rd) P.Omameh reported in as eligible. L.Murray right guard to DAL 38 for 3 yards (J.Thomas).
1st & 10 at DAL 38
(3:17 - 3rd) (Shotgun) A.Kamara right guard to DAL 27 for 11 yards (C.Awuzie).
1st & 10 at DAL 27
(2:30 - 3rd) (Shotgun) A.Kamara right guard to DAL 23 for 4 yards (J.Heath).
2nd & 6 at DAL 23
(1:49 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass short right to J.Cook to DAL 18 for 5 yards (C.Awuzie). Pass 5, YAC 0
3rd & 1 at DAL 18
(1:05 - 3rd) T.Bridgewater up the middle to DAL 16 for 2 yards (T.Hill).
1st & 10 at DAL 16
(0:21 - 3rd) P.Omameh reported in as eligible. T.Bridgewater pass incomplete short left to J.Hill.
2nd & 10 at DAL 16
(0:16 - 3rd) T.Ginn right end to DAL 16 for no gain (A.Brown). PENALTY on DAL-M.Collins, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at DAL 16 - No Play.
END QUARTER 3
2nd & 5 at DAL 11
(15:00 - 4th) #7 T.Hill at quarterback for New Orleans. (Shotgun) T.Hill left end pushed ob at DAL 13 for -2 yards (A.Brown).
3rd & 7 at DAL 13
(14:25 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater scrambles up the middle to DAL 8 for 5 yards (J.Smith).
4th & 2 at DAL 8
(13:41 - 4th) Wil Lutz 26 Yd Field Goal

Easier said than done, but that drive was reminiscent of vintage Drew Brees drives.
You know what else was nice about that drive....NO HOLDING PENALTIES!!!

I thought he said it was Warford who had the worst game?

He said Warford was the biggest surprise compared to what he thought before doing the film study. Warford had 8 negative plays, Peat 10.

Peat is what he is. He's the worst player on the line but serviceable at times and can play multiple positions. Warford's struggles were more shocking because he's usually really good.

I think the fallacy here is that Payton has been calling plays that are holding him back.

That's not what's happening. Bridgewater is not pulling the trigger. The plays are there on the timing routes and intermediate balls over the middle. Him being conservative may have actually helped us the last two weeks, but he will have to push more if we have any hiccups from the D early on.

In all honesty, you gong to throw more 1-10yard passes than 20-30 yard passes and Teddy does not throw a lot of deep balls that aren't designed plays...so I don't think Payton will be "taking the training wheels off" as much as maybe they practice a few plays to get the ball downfield.....but if aint broke, don't fix it...his game is him game and we can win with a player like him.

He said Warford was the biggest surprise compared to what he thought before doing the film study. Warford had 8 negative plays, Peat 10.

Peat is what he is. He's the worst player on the line but serviceable at times and can play multiple positions. Warford's struggles were more shocking because he's usually really good.

Peat sure as hell isn't playing like it's a contract year for him. I can tell you that much. While that may be bad for him, it might not be all that bad for us. We'd be able to retain him for cheap if we want to.

I would say that it would be more Taysom coming in to take the deep ball chances. TB is NOT an accurate deep ball passer. Never has been. All you have to do is look at his passes that go over 10 yards and you can see that he is always throwing high balls.

Rev. Deuce said Armstead (not Ramczyk) had the BEST performance of all on the O-line vs. Cowboys. The worst: Andrus Peat.

I say that in addition to keeping Teddy B. clean, we have to be +1 or better in the turnover margin.

:gosaints:

From what I saw Robert Quinn beat Armstead like a drum.

TB's defense gives up more points than Dallas for sure (32 at home to the Giants!!!!), so we probably will see more passing yards from the Saints, including a little more downfield passing.

Also, this certainly isn't scientific, but my thought after TB pulled off the upset in LA was "Awesome! They'll be nice and ready for a letdown game against us!"

I think the fallacy here is that Payton has been calling plays that are holding him back.

That's not what's happening. Bridgewater is not pulling the trigger. The plays are there on the timing routes and intermediate balls over the middle. Him being conservative may have actually helped us the last two weeks, but he will have to push more if we have any hiccups from the D early on.

The film junkies I’ve heard from have said that Teddy has missed at least 2 TDs each game he’s played so far because he’s scared to cut it loose.

If the D slips up a little, OJ Howard wakes up, and Jameis keeps playing confident and over his head.. the Saints could get boat-raced at home just like the Lambs did.

The film junkies I’ve heard from have said that Teddy has missed at least 2 TDs each game he’s played so far because he’s scared to cut it loose.

If the D slips up a little, OJ Howard wakes up, and Jameis keeps playing confident and over his head.. the Saints could get boat-raced at home just like the Lambs did.

Is that what you want to happen? Cuz it comes off that way. I go into every game thinking we're going to win....hell I dream it damn near every Saturday night during football season.

You say we could get Boat Raced by TB, we could also come out and hang 50 on em....let's just table all the Teddy talk until the offseason, in the meantime, let's stand behind the dude because he's ours.

This is a timing offense and Bridgewater is doing a terrible job in it. The routes are designed to be open quick. Crisp routes, crisp cuts, separation out of them. The problem with Bridgewater is that when the receivers are open he’s at about step 7 of the 16 yards the guy gives up while he’s looking for the open guy who has already been open and had his window close.

There won’t be a need to throw it all over the yard unless our Defense struggles. Hopefully there’s no need and we keep rolling this slow boat to China 5yds and 3pts at a time racking up W’s! Lol.

Don’t think Teddy has the confidence to put our hopes and dreams into tight windows consistently.

He
Peat sure as hell isn't playing like it's a contract year for him. I can tell you that much. While that may be bad for him, it might not be all that bad for us. We'd be able to retain him for cheap if we want to.
Contract year? His contract year was technically last year. He is on his 5th year option at 10 million.

What a waste.

There won’t be a need to throw it all over the yard unless our Defense struggles. Hopefully there’s no need and we keep rolling this slow boat to China 5yds and 3pts at a time racking up W’s! Lol
Tampa is going to throw the kitchen sink at us. I doubt it..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom