The trick play snap to Deuce (1 Viewer)

BSC504

Better luck THIS year!
Reaction score
I think it was planned and it was incredible how good it worked, but the announcers seemed to think it was an accident. Faine is awesome and I dont think it was a bad snap, and the way drew was looking he didn't seem to care that the ball was not in his hands. What do you think? I cant wait to see what other tricks SP has up his sleeve. :scratch:

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure it didnt work exactly as planned, the whole offense seemed really surprised and didn't even celebrate afterwards, bc they probably thought it was coming back.

Scott B

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Based on Brees' reaction, it had to be planned. I, just for the life of me, cant imagine planning a play where you snap the ball like that on the ground and expect it to bounce the way it did off the ground. Either way, I've never seen anything like it.

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No way it was planned. It looked like it at first simply because Brees didn't seem to react. But when you see the replay of Brees' eyes, he clearly is looking for the ball...but more than that was the fact that all the WRs ran a route, including curl routes...they didn't attempt to even get in the way of anyone. It was just pure luck.

The players already said they never worked on anything like that in practice, and it would have been the riskiest, stupidest call you could have in that situation.

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
to pull something off like that...you need to practice that for a long time.

im pretty sure it was a bad snap though and that we got lucky.

Puntz

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
i think the direct snap to deuce was planned, but the snap just didn't go off as planned. It worked so it's a non issue, well faine might hear about the snap from payton...

xpuma20x

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
No way it was planned, Brees eyes were looking down to the ground in search of the ball. There is no way they would risk rolling the ball from the center to Deuce and hope it didn't bounce the wrong way. It also could not have been a direct snap since Brees was -under- center.

Buickman

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It almost reminded me of those old direct snap to Duece plays we ran out of the shotgun. Kind of wish we'd start using that again if Faine can pull it off.

Yeti

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It was supposed to be a direct snap. You guys know we ran those plays a couple of years back and they had always been highly successful.

Puntz

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
right, it was planned to snap it to deuce..NOT PLANNED to roll the ball on the carpet..i thought that was rather obvious...apparently not

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don't be fooled... that was a horrible snap by Faine. Brees was looking for the ball while he was dropping back. The ball never made it to his hands.

I'll tell you this.. Thank GOD Deuce was alert enough to grab it and run it in...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
Davante Adams doubtful, but still hoping to play tonight Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints lineman Nick Easton has been ready to play wherever he's been needed Saints RSS News Feeds 0
I know why Coach Payton has lost his play calling mojo... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Davante Adams: “Too early to tell” if I can play this week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas better play next weekend Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Report: Packers doctor to examine Michael Thomas' injury days before Saints play Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders final injury report: Cesar Ruiz to play Monday; Thomas OUT Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How Jared Cook led NFL in big-play efficiency with Saints; what more targets could show Saints RSS News Feeds 1
If MT says he is good and the Dr Approves..Let Him Play Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32
Saint Lattimore Saints Michael Thomas “has a shot” to play Week 2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
james_k_p Video 2020 Highlight Shows Week 01 - Final Play, 4th down on 4, B&G Review Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Andrus New Orleans Saints prepared to forge ahead if Michael Thomas cannot play SR News Page Articles 0
jasonsw Saints Which unexpected Saints player will make a big play on MNF? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 34
Andrus Saints snap counts analysis, Week 2: Rookies didn't see much action vs. Raiders SR News Page Articles 0
Saints' snap counts: A look at the wide receivers, general defensive snaps against Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0