The trick play snap to Deuce (1 Viewer)

BSC504

Better luck THIS year!
Reaction score
I think it was planned and it was incredible how good it worked, but the announcers seemed to think it was an accident. Faine is awesome and I dont think it was a bad snap, and the way drew was looking he didn't seem to care that the ball was not in his hands. What do you think? I cant wait to see what other tricks SP has up his sleeve. :scratch:

I'm sure it didnt work exactly as planned, the whole offense seemed really surprised and didn't even celebrate afterwards, bc they probably thought it was coming back.

Based on Brees' reaction, it had to be planned. I, just for the life of me, cant imagine planning a play where you snap the ball like that on the ground and expect it to bounce the way it did off the ground. Either way, I've never seen anything like it.

No way it was planned. It looked like it at first simply because Brees didn't seem to react. But when you see the replay of Brees' eyes, he clearly is looking for the ball...but more than that was the fact that all the WRs ran a route, including curl routes...they didn't attempt to even get in the way of anyone. It was just pure luck.

The players already said they never worked on anything like that in practice, and it would have been the riskiest, stupidest call you could have in that situation.

to pull something off like that...you need to practice that for a long time.

im pretty sure it was a bad snap though and that we got lucky.

It was most likely a called direct snap to Duece but the center muddled it and it squirted off on the ground.

i think the direct snap to deuce was planned, but the snap just didn't go off as planned. It worked so it's a non issue, well faine might hear about the snap from payton...

No way it was planned, Brees eyes were looking down to the ground in search of the ball. There is no way they would risk rolling the ball from the center to Deuce and hope it didn't bounce the wrong way. It also could not have been a direct snap since Brees was -under- center.

It almost reminded me of those old direct snap to Duece plays we ran out of the shotgun. Kind of wish we'd start using that again if Faine can pull it off.

It was supposed to be a direct snap. You guys know we ran those plays a couple of years back and they had always been highly successful.

right, it was planned to snap it to deuce..NOT PLANNED to roll the ball on the carpet..i thought that was rather obvious...apparently not

Don't be fooled... that was a horrible snap by Faine. Brees was looking for the ball while he was dropping back. The ball never made it to his hands.

I'll tell you this.. Thank GOD Deuce was alert enough to grab it and run it in...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom