The Turning Point: Vonn Bell (1 Viewer)

He just never came all the way back from that knee injury he suffered during his first season in New Orleans.

And he had a momentum shifting interception taken away from him due to the neutral zone infraction. Which was a shame.

There was no one more excited for Byrd than I was was after that INT. It's a shame it didn't stand.

Byrd has been classy no doubt, but he and his contract have been an epic disappointment. It is what it is, and watching Bell fly around the field today was great. He made mistakes, but he will learn. i hope they continue to let Bell start and learn. Our backfield is gonna be suspect this year no matter what,so we might as well invest the time and energy in him now and let him learn. His aggressive play and athleticism was evident today. Him and Vaccaro are a nasty tandem.

And people have doubt in our ability to make something out of our picks next year.

Jeff Ireland has done work for us.

He has, and I'll even give him an excuse for Last years draft because he hadn't gotten familiar with the entrants as much because he'd been out of football. This draft class appears to be solid all around.

Dare I say that in a year or so this offense should be built around Michael Thomas and not Cooks.

Speaking of Kenny he displayed uneven play again.

A 9 tackle, followed by a 7 tackle, then followed by a 4 tackle output. Considering he was coming back from Injury its understandable but I feel like bringing in a vet SS to play opposite Bell and allowing Kenny to Walk would be in our best interest next year. I also feel like the following year after that allowing Cooks to walk and building the offense around Michael Thomas would be ideal too.

http://www.nfl.com/player/kennyvaccaro/2539320/gamelogs

I also feel as though Coby Fleeners inability to catch in traffic is going to haunt us down the road. I think finding a developmental TE would be in our best interest. Another guy that has basketball background that can high point passes and make tough catches. 3Game in I've seen Fleener drop more contested balls than he's made and that's pure fact. For every contested Catch he makes he has at least 3 drops of a similar variety.

We need a playmaker at the RB position and I'm not sure Ingram is that. People will look at last weeks effort but that was moslty due to the scheme and the draws taking advantage of a weakness in Atlantas scheme. When he had to make plays in tight quarters he was usually/typically tripped up and "almost" there on more than one occasion. HE's serviceable for another year but he needs a Strong Sproles like compliment. Hopefully we get a crack at McCaffrey next year.

I didn't want to start a whole new thread, but I'll go ahead and admit that I was dead wrong about Sterling Moore and B.W. Webb.

Sterling Moore has far surpassed my expectations. Also, Webb shows great awareness in a clutch situation. He played the ball instead of trying to get a big hit on the WR. Just shows that he knows what he is doing out there.

Will they give up some plays? Of course they will, but these guys also make plays which is really encouraging to me.

I gained a ton of respect for Byrd today, watching him coach Bell on the sideline.
I did too then I thought about how he is the highest paid 'coach' in the NFL.

He has, and I'll even give him an excuse for Last years draft because he hadn't gotten familiar with the entrants as much because he'd been out of football. This draft class appears to be solid all around.

Dare I say that in a year or so this offense should be built around Michael Thomas and not Cooks.

You don't need to excuse him for last year's draft, far as I'm concerned.

Even if you only focus on the defensive players, we made out well.

Stephone Anthony: Premature to call him a bust, but let's say he is. 1st round pick that we couldn't get to work out. Probably goes to another team and balls out. Because his talent is considerable

Hau'oli Kikaha: We rolled the dice on his knees and they didn't hold up. Have to wait to see if he can be Thomas Davis or not. When he's on the field, he's been good.

PJ Williams: Just bad luck. Hamstring or whatever his rookie year. Concussions his second. Otherwise, he'd be our other starting cornerback. Plus, he was a tremendous steal for being a 1st round caliber player in the 3rd round.

Tyeler Davison: Is our run clogging NT and he isn't some big slow dude either. Total beast and punches some holes in the "Bill Johnson should go" stuff people are on.

Damian Swann: Even more unlucky than PJ Williams. When he played and was healthy, he was our nickel corner. And we traded up for him, so we saw something we liked and it would've paid off if for want of a nail or fate or whatever.

Yeah, you want your highest picks to hit if nothing else...maybe that didn't happen. I still give Ireland a favorable grade for that draft

And an outstanding grade for 2016's draft. Vonn Bell and Onyemata have improved every week. Can't wait to see what Sheldon Rankins has.

Speaking of Kenny he displayed uneven play again.

A 9 tackle, followed by a 7 tackle, then followed by a 4 tackle output. Considering he was coming back from Injury its understandable but I feel like bringing in a vet SS to play opposite Bell and allowing Kenny to Walk would be in our best interest next year. I also feel like the following year after that allowing Cooks to walk and building the offense around Michael Thomas would be ideal too.

Kenny Vaccaro: Game Logs at NFL.com

I also feel as though Coby Fleeners inability to catch in traffic is going to haunt us down the road. I think finding a developmental TE would be in our best interest. Another guy that has basketball background that can high point passes and make tough catches. 3Game in I've seen Fleener drop more contested balls than he's made and that's pure fact. For every contested Catch he makes he has at least 3 drops of a similar variety.

We need a playmaker at the RB position and I'm not sure Ingram is that. People will look at last weeks effort but that was moslty due to the scheme and the draws taking advantage of a weakness in Atlantas scheme. When he had to make plays in tight quarters he was usually/typically tripped up and "almost" there on more than one occasion. HE's serviceable for another year but he needs a Strong Sproles like compliment. Hopefully we get a crack at McCaffrey next year.

I agree on everything except maybe Cooks , letting him walk would mean we need to replace his speed , would it be worth either the $ in FA or the fairly high draft pick to do so? Not sure . Also I'm inclined to very much agree we could use an upgrade as our main RB . MI is serviceable and just that , he doesn't strike ant fear in any D. He seems to never break that final tackle to break open a big run . You never think of MI breaking free and going the distance

I gained a ton of respect for Byrd today, watching him coach Bell on the sideline.

That would make Byrd highest paid coach in NFL. At least getting some bang for the buck!!! Byrd probably told Bell you can't make that hit if you are 50 yards downfield.

I agree on everything except maybe Cooks , letting him walk would mean we need to replace his speed , would it be worth either the $ in FA or the fairly high draft pick to do so? Not sure . Also I'm inclined to very much agree we could use an upgrade as our main RB . MI is serviceable and just that , he doesn't strike ant fear in any D. He seems to never break that final tackle to break open a big run . You never think of MI breaking free and going the distance

If you haven't noticed the deep ball has taken a back-seat to a more ball control offense over the last 2 years. We aren't the prolific downfield team we've all grown to love over the years. There has been a substantial down tick (based on eye test) in that regards.

Ponying up money for Cooks who will eventually turn into a secondary option seems to foreshadow a waste of money. Replacing him with a middle tier 2nd round pick would suffice. Remember Allen Robinson was found in the 2nd round.

Tommy Lee Lewis development could also be something to keep an eye on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom