The TV show Superstore (1 Viewer)

Isn't James Spader already kinda busy?

It was my references to "News Radio" when Phil Hartman dies and they brought in Jon Lovitz, and then The Office" when James Spader come in after Michel Scott left.
I know that you know that...

It was my references to "News Radio" when Phil Hartman dies and they brought in Jon Lovitz, and then The Office" when James Spader come in after Michel Scott left.
I know that you know that...
I got the Jon Lovitz right away but forgot about Spader on The Office so I probably just should have said, Well, I think Jon Lovitz could probably use a job these days.

When we were watching the finale I had no idea it was coming. I knew it was the final season but I assumed a full 24 episode season. We watched since the first episode.

About halfway through the finale i could see the signs of story lines wrapping up for good. I wasn't ready for it to end yet. This show had been incredibly solid over it's run. I absolutely loved how they used comedy as a lens to view real issues like immigration and workers rights(i.e. unionization).

Superstore and Brooklyn 99 still feel like the new kids on the block just now finding their audience and they are both ending too soon, IMO.

My favorite shows always take forever to find their audience then leave as soon as people are catching on.

Add Parks and Rec and Schitts Creek to the list with P&R being my favorite series of all time. I remember it was almost cancelled every season and we are incredibly lucky we got a final season.

I have been looking for a new comedy and so far the best I can find is Keenan. And it's not great. I did finally watch the pilot for Mr Mayor and it has potential. It has the sharp wit I expected. I will have to binge season 1 soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom