The two paths to a #1 seed for the Saints (1 Viewer)

Option #1 (easiest path)

Saints win out.

Option #2

Saints lose to the 49ers and then win out CHECK
Seahawks at home beat the Vikings CHECK
Seahawks on the road lose to the Rams CHECK
49ers on the road lose to the Seahawks
Vikings at home beat the Packers

There are other ways that option #2 can get done but that is the most straight forward and most likely of the scenarios to play out. And it takes only 4 games to get there.
Stop worrying, it doesn’t matter, Saints will make do.

Believe it or not, but in my opinion, the Pack has the best chance to end up the #1 seed. They have the easiest schedule, and only have to beat @ Bears @Vikings . which is not that hard. The 9rs have the toughest, (Rams, Hawks) next the Saints Colts, @titans @Panthers.....the Titans game is probably the most troubling, but the Panthers would love to beat the Saints and will play like this is their SB....div games are hard and the Saints almost lost to the Panthers

I didn't realize the Packers were so close. What's the chances they drop another?
If the Saints go 13-3 would thats not backdooring into the #1 seed. If the 49ers or Seahawks or Green Bay can't win the games they need to win o get the top seed then tough shirt for them. We still have to win our games.

The Pack will lose at Minny.
We may go 13-3 but I’m not too sure home field is all that big this season. Based on the Falcon and Niner games. JMO.

We may go 13-3 but I’m not too sure home field is all that big this season. Based on the Falcon and Niner games. JMO.
You wanna play in Green Bay, San Fran or Seattle in January? It's a different animal than playing there in September.

You wanna play in Green Bay, San Fran or Seattle in January? It's a different animal than playing there in September.

Get the point but I actually think we can win anywhere now. Or lose, for that matter. Just depends on which us shows up. We aren’t finesse anymore which imo is why we couldn’t win well otr in the playoffs.

And I do agree it’s a different animal in the playoffs.

Get the point but I actually think we can win anywhere now. Or lose, for that matter. Just depends on which us shows up. We aren’t finesse anymore which imo is why we couldn’t win well otr in the playoffs.
I hear you. Let the chips fall where they may and show us what this team is made of. I'd just prefer to have the opportunity to go to the games in the Dome as well as have the crowd behind the team when they need us most.

I no longer care much about the 1 seed. If we get it, great.

The important things from here on out is winning out and hoping we finish ahead of Green Bay. We are a better team than GB, but, not at Lambeau in January. Playing GB and SEA at their place during the regular season is 1 thing, but playing them at their place in January is a game changer.

Bears and Vikings will be hard for the Pack. Neither of those teams are bad AND they're both divisional opponents. We saw how CAR and ATL played us this year, and those teams are a heckuva lot weaker than MIN (I'd rank them below CHI, too).

It should also be noted that TEN is playing good football lately. They're not the 49ers, but they've been solid since they benched Mariota. That's not a win we should just pencil in by any stretch.

Believe it or not, but in my opinion, the Pack has the best chance to end up the #1 seed. They have the easiest schedule, and only have to beat @ Bears @Vikings . which is not that hard. The 9rs have the toughest, (Rams, Hawks) next the Saints Colts, @titans @Panthers.....the Titans game is probably the most troubling, but the Panthers would love to beat the Saints and will play like this is their SB....div games are hard and the Saints almost lost to the Panthers

I think the biggest issue is health. If we can get Peat back and keep Armstead on the field...and ya know, have another startng LB available, I think we can make some noise.

Correct, this team isn't winning a road playoff game.

Not at any of those 3 places.

We may not win at home to get to the Super Bowl either, but it's still our very best chance by a long shot.

3 seed - 0% chance
2 seed - 25% chance
1 seed - 50% chance

Correct, this team isn't winning a road playoff game.

Not at any of those 3 places.

We may not win at home to get to the Super Bowl either, but it's still our very best chance by a long shot.

3 seed - 0% chance
2 seed - 25% chance
1 seed - 50% chance

We can win, or lose, on the road in the playoffs. Same as at home.
We are not finesse anymore and have the capability to run if we choose, and stop the run.
Those two things travel.

And outside of a couple of guys we are not a speed team either, so the fast track at home isn’t doing us many favors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom